Coding Midi for sunlite suite 2006

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

swenk

Coding Midi for sunlite suite 2006

Post by swenk »

Hi there

I have a unit that will allow me to code a custom midi string for each button on it (100s of buttons over several different control surfaces)

I would like to use this controller to recall scenes in sunlite suite 2006.

My questions are

a) i can only code one 'string' for each button ie not note on/of just on/on/on, if i use this for controlling sunlite will the 2nd note on turn the scene off or will i need to code another button for 'scene off'

b) i have absolutely no clue how to code midi, if anybody has the time to give me some sample code for my application, or knows of a good site to get me started that would be awesome

Basically i have the house lights in a club running on a spare sunlite suite 2006 unit and already have an allen heath idr 8 with remote wall plates, (which spits out midi) it seems that i could so easily control the house lights from these remote wall plates rather than running out an extra control system.

many thanks for any help

swen
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Coding Midi for sunlite suite 2006

Post by simonB »

Hi Swen

You can build your own console using the console builder, then open this in Sunlite 2006 (Sunlite Suite). You can assign as many parameters to each button as you like.
-Open EasyConsole.exe
-Make add your buttons and sliders
-For each button, choose the midi pairing in the bottom right of the properties window
-Save the console in the console folder
-Open Sunlite Suite and open the console window
-Right click on the top bar of the console window and choose your console
-Shift+right click a scene/switch/cycle select link to console and select button activation
-To further edit the command right click the corresponding button inside the console window, you can manually add commands here and select the range of values which activate/deactivate the button

For more information, see the EasyConsole manual topic here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... TE-5jK.htm
Simon
--
Sales/Support
swenk

Re: Coding Midi for sunlite suite 2006

Post by swenk »

Hi there

many thanks for your response.

I don't actually have a midi console just a window on a piece of software in which to code midi directly in hex.

I assume that if edit the triggering of a button in sunlite to be say midi channel 1 note 45, i should then be able to enter

channel 1, note on, note 45, velocity 124 in hex into my software and achieve triggering of this button by running this code at whatever instance i choose it to be run?

I would hope that running this again would turn said button off?

Am i correct??? or is there another step in this process

my question is/was does anybody have any tips on how tro code this in hex??

many thanks
swen