How to create a switch with a manual fader on a page

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

srwmemphis

How to create a switch with a manual fader on a page

Post by srwmemphis »

I am very new to this and have searched the manual and the forums but can't find an answer to my problem. I have a page with 20 spot light fixtures on it. No moving heads or anything like that. just one dimmer channel per fixture 0-100%

I have one button programmed that when clicked ramps all 20 fixtures up from 0% to 100% intensity over a 10 second time period.
I have a second button programmed that when clicked ramps all 20 fixtures from 100% to 0% intensityover a 10 second time period.

I want to add a switch to my page with a manual fader so I can manualy set all 20 fixtures on this page to any intensity that I want to. When I used to use a light board I was able to asign a group of lights to a slider so surely this software can do it. I'm sure I am overlooking something easy.

Please help
Thanks
Stephen Walker
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: How to create a switch with a manual fader on a page

Post by simonB »

Hi Stephen

I'm assuming you're using Sunlite Suite 1 as you have posted in here.
1.Create a new empty switch and edit
2.Select the big purple dimmer fader on the left
3.Right click at the top of any of the channels you want to include within the dimmer. The top of the channel should turn green and the channel will split into 2 faders (the minimum and maximum level).
4. Move the top fader to the maximum level
5. Close and save the button, shift+right click on the button and select "show the dimmer fader"
Simon
--
Sales/Support
srwmemphis

Re: How to create a switch with a manual fader on a page

Post by srwmemphis »

I did as you instructed but when I clicked on the newly created button all the lights on the page went to 100% reguardless of where I put the slider.
I went to the button settings, button Dimmer/Speed and selected the function "use the min and max levels of each channel" and selected "force this function to work on all chanels"

Now it works perfectly! maybe this should have been on by defauld or something, I don't know. All I care is it works now. LOL

Thank you so much for your quick responce and all your help. It is appreciated.
Stephen Walker