Preprogrammed buttons

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

MarkusHigheffect
New Forumor

Preprogrammed buttons

Post by MarkusHigheffect »

Hello,

I use Sulite Suite with an SUIDI 6C (newest firmware). Now I have 6 new showtec phantom 250 spot (8bit/16bit pan/tilt, see http://www.highlite.nl/highlite/silver. ... m_250_spot). When I used the included libary the movement with the preprogrammed buttons are not smoothly, they make very jerky movements. Could it be a problem with the resolution (8bit/16bit pan/tilt) and how can i fix it?

Has somebody used the same setup like me with the correct movements?

Thanks for the support.

Markus
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Preprogrammed buttons

Post by simonB »

Hello Markus

The movement should not be jerky. Even with 8 bit the movement should be smooth unless it is slow movement in a large space.

Is this problem in real life or in the 3D visualiser?
MarkusHigheffect
New Forumor

Hello Simon,

it's in real life. We don't use the 3D visualiser.

The jerky movement is much stronger than the "little" jerky movement in 8bit and in a large room. And it only happend with the showtec phantom 250 Spot in Sunlit Suite. Other moving lights works fine and with an other software/dmx device the showtec also works fine.

Can I edit the preprogrammed buttons?

If it is necessary, I could try to make a movie next time (perhaps next week or so).

Thanks for your help.

Markus
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Markus

Yes you can edit the pre programmed buttons by clicking the button and clcking edit, or by ctrl+clicking the button.

If the other fixtures are fine it sounds to me like a problem with the fixture. Try with just the showtec fixture connected.
MarkusHigheffect
New Forumor

We have try it with four showtec movings, together and each one stand alone :-(
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

hmm strange, do you have another DMX controller you could try?
MarkusHigheffect
New Forumor

We have two sunlite controllers.

One of them we have sent to you for reprogramming the firmware after some flash problems. We don't have test it yet, but before your reflashing we have also problems, but not with the jerky movements. The movings have mad a load of rubbish. There was no possiblitiy for steering them in a right way, thats why we decide to do the firmware update that failt.

The other sunlite box shows the symptoms I 've describe.

With a device from an other company the moving heads are working fine. At the moment we have to use to notebook with two different dmx hard- and software. Sunlite for the LED Par, smog and convential lights. And the other for the moving light. :-(

I will try to edit the preprogrammend buttons to see if it is a problem with the 8bit/16bit solution of the movings.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Markus

Your Sunlite Suite box is also compatible with Easy Stand Alone.
1. Connect 1 fixture and set the address to 1
2. Download/Install/Open up Easy Stand Alone
3. Don't bother inserting a fixture profile, go straight to EDIT and move the tilt fader up and down very slowly

If the fixture is jittery with both the 8 and 16 bit tilt faders, we know it is not a Sunlite Suite problem and it could be a problem with the hardware

Please let me know how you get on
MarkusHigheffect
New Forumor

Hello Simon,

thanks for this hint.

I will try it next week, because I'm not in the office right now.

Then I will give you a response.

Markus