How to make a chase in Sunlite Suite

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

chaos213
Junior Forumor

How to make a chase in Sunlite Suite

Post by chaos213 »

Hello, Im using sunlite suite using different fixtures and 6 Pages. I would like to make a chase so in every step i have stuff from all the pages. Im trying to do a cicle in the master page, but i think im doing something wrong because in everystep i can only have stuff recorded from 1 page.

what can I do ? thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: How to make a chase in Sunlite Suite

Post by simonB »

Hello

1. Make sure you have the master master page enabled for each page. (you should see a yellow crown by each page name in the pages panel)
2. Create a new button and click edit
3. Double click the at the top of a channel to open up the effects generator
4. Select the lamp icon to open the light beam
5. Select circle, click ok and save the button

If this still doesn't work, send me your show and I'll take a look
chaos213
Junior Forumor

Post by chaos213 »

Hello Simon, thanks for your fast answer. I think i didnt explain myself well. I need to do this:

A chase with 5 different steps and I want to change manually every step.

In every step I need to have stuff from all my Pages.

For example:

Step 1: all fixtures in one position, the Par led in red, and city color red
step 2: all fixtures in another position, par led in magenta, city color blue.
step 3: all fixtures doing a circle and strobing, Par led in yellow...
something like that.

RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi,

I´m not a Sunlite pro, but I try to help.

As Simon mentioned, make sure your 6 fixture pages are linked to the Master page (yellow crown).
Create an empty new scene on the master page, go to the button editor and select the easy step tap.
Assign the easy step icon (with or without Fades) to all the fixture channels you like to use in your chase.
Now create the frist step for your chase with the Channel faders or presents, if you like to edit multiple fixtures you can use
the group window in the button editor (view-> show the group window).
If you are happy with your frist chase step hit the "New" Button to add a new step.
Now you can setup the second step for your chase in the same way. Go on in this way till you have all your steps for your chase.
If you like you can edit the fade and wait times for your steps in the list, when you are done save and close the button editor.
Active your new chase scene on the Master page.

Second approach:

Create 5 scenes or switches on the Master page, create only one step of your chase in each button.
Now make a new cycle button on the Master page.
Go to cycle window and press the record button, now you can trigger your five buttons in the order and timing you like.
When you are done press record again. Play the new cycle, if you like you can enable the loop option in the cycle window.
If your like to edit the timing or the order you can do so in the cycle window list view.
If you like to trigger each step of your cycle by hand, you can choose the "Go" option in each step of the cycle.

I hope this helps...

Best Gernot
chaos213
Junior Forumor

Post by chaos213 »

Thanks a lot RichterMC, you have helped me alot. It was an easy solution but i didnt think of it. I would use the second one, so i can use everything i have programmed until now.

I was having problems with the Master page, because when i was recording a new page i included de Init button, and some of the stuff was not working right. Once i didnt include this and with the crown on all the pages everything is working Ok and I can make my Chases easily.

Once again thanks
teggers
Junior Forumor

Post by teggers »

RichterMC

Excellent! I forgot about doing it with a cycle from a Master page.