Sunlite Suite with Touch Screen

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

robertstemson

Sunlite Suite with Touch Screen

Post by robertstemson »

Dear SLF,

I am a new user to this software, and have installed it into a club in the UK. I now want to enhance the features, but am unsure if it will be possible.

I want to create a New Console, (using Easy Console), with 8 - 10 Pictures acting as a Trigger for my cycles i have built. I want to add a small touch screen as my interface. I rarely need all the features,and sometimes other people (in-experienced) will have to use this software, and i would like to make it a bit more simple for them to use.

Any pointers in the right direction will be great, if you have done it before, please let me know what you experienced.

Rob
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Re: Sunlite Suite with Touch Screen

Post by johanspijker »

Maybe you better use the web server inside sunlite ( http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/files/slnetwork.zip )
, or really use a small dmx controller with push - buttons only.
robertstemson

Post by robertstemson »

Thank you for the file. So the way that i was doing it, with the Console Screen acting as a trigger, isn't going to work? I have programmed my movers, and have built the console up using pictures. I double click to get the MIDI/ COMMAND screen. From then, I am in a total lost world.

I just want to playback a button i have programmed on the Master Page, using the console i have built. I am using the 3D Visualization tool to see what is happening, but once i open the console on the Suite, It just shows me the console with no interaction. I am just getting into the thick of things and looking what i might be doing wrong. How can i link from a command (In Easy Console) to a Button (In Suite) - ((Button/Settings/Trigger)). Is that possible?

So the other way, is using the SL Network. It sounds quite complicated to deal with, is it? From the Readme File, is sounds like a useful SL tool. So would i need to program a HTML interface, to respond to this or edit the file?

Really Appricate assistance,

Rob
robertstemson

Post by robertstemson »

Perfect, i have managed to make both ways work. A Trigger from the Custom Built Console and by SLnetwork, with a HTML web page.

I Do however have one problem with the slnetwork version, From the Webpage, I Click my Link and i have a Temporary Download box aprise on my screen for a brief second, thus causing a brief pause before the button is triggered. All my files, are stored in one file upon my desktop, so the Root to find its file should be fine. Otherwise, anybody else experience this happen to them?

I look forward to getting a touch screen working alongside this, will work upon this error.
robertstemson

Post by robertstemson »

Other issue found on the Console Version,

I have my buttons set-up as BUTTON ACTIVATION, however i want to button to turn on and Off when i press it again, not in Flash Mode. Yet in the Button Setting's, the Flash Mode isn't Active? How can i stop this from happening?
robertstemson

Post by robertstemson »

So i looked into the Sunlite NT and decided against it, i prefered the Console way to do things. I have installed these interfaces into the club, both systems are used with a 12 and 15inch Touchscreen. It has been fine, and i would like to see more features added to the console function. After spending plenty of time in front of the lighting units and playing with sunlite, you can find out the ways to control your lighting to how you want, like a Strobe with overall control speed with over your various pages.

I do however, one system is working fine. Sadly another has issues with crashes. I realised quite early that if you program a button, and then delete the scene or switch in the pages, Console just 'Crashes'. Bad news!!

For instance: Sunlite crashes during operation, and the program closes due to in-activity the club goes into B/O as the computer isn't talking to the DMX box. Not good! So when we restart sunlite the club lighting comes back on (indicating control), but the levels arn't the same as what we had set. So when sunlite crashes, and then restarts, where does it find it reference to the outputting state? and can you program it to load a default state on restart?

I have found, that if sunlite crashes, pull out the DMX and the state is held aslong as power is being sent to the box of tricks. Then set the state you want (Blind) and then re-plug the DMX, and done. No one would know the difference.

Is this possible?

Sunlite crashes, The control is passed onto the box of tricks as sunlite re-loads, then once sunlite is ready, it will reload the default state i have set.

Meaning that the club would never be in darkness. I have found that sometimes sunlite is happy to restart once crashed, other times i have to re-boot the whole computer before Vista accepts to load sunlite. It takes 30-40 seconds before i have control or have light restored.

How can you find more information upon the box, can i program a safe lighting State when i lose computer control? Can i program sunlite, to reboot with a pre-defined State?
robertstemson

Post by robertstemson »

Sunlite console: With dimmer functions, and pre-programmed scenes
Attachments
Sunlite Console
Sunlite Console
Sunlite Interface.jpg (133.46 KiB) Viewed 8402 times