DMX in - Awesome.

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

teggers
Junior Forumor

DMX in - Awesome.

Post by teggers »

I have decided that I will be using a "Par Board" to control my conventionals (Pars) and run it through Sunlite to the main DMX send to the stage. I just can't achieve the Rock-n-Roll feel using a mouse or keyboard and I can't get the dimming feel I need for certain looks. (Ultimately, I have been setting up 2 complete DMX systems...a Par line and a Mover line.) After experimenting with the AVO Pearl (you can use something cheaper), it has opened up a whole new range of control possibilities. 2 operators (or 1) can control their own respective lights, but can override, correct, and even record scenes from the par board for future recall without the board on site. I also use the "midi in" with a keyboard to control strobing, color override, blackouts for the master (both consoles) and all pertinent fast choices for both pars and movers.

Why even use Sunlite you might ask? Because I can still get a 20 movers, 20 LEDs of 6 brands up and running in 5-7 minutes in a pinch. You can't beat it as far a slamming out usable shows in a short time span all for $600. I just don't care for the par control of which I can live with now.

Just an FYI to let you know it sure makes thing easy. Thanks Sunlite...pretty cool.