Easystep Editor: take values from fixture's page

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Bastiaan

Easystep Editor: take values from fixture's page

Post by Bastiaan »

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are very happy to have bought Sunlite Suite and my experience so far is that is works far more intuitive than competitors' software as daslight or even lightjockey. However, I've got one question on which I couldn't find an answer on the CD nor on this forum. When I'm creating a switch, then edit it with easystep and change the fixture's color (manually with the faders in the easystep menu) for example, and create a second step in which I set the fixture to another color (all channels are set to easystep fade), everything works just fine and as expected. However, when I create a new switch or scene and do not use the faders in the easystep window but the icons in the 'Color' window docked in the fixture's page, the steps do no update nor change. Is there a way to use the output from the fixture's page in an easystep rather than going through the rather time-consuming process of setting each value manually with a fader for each fixture in the easystep window? So that if I select a color from the fixture's page (e.g.: click on a color icon), it will update the step that I'm editing in the easystep editor.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Bastiaan Grisèl
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Easystep Editor: take values from fixture's page

Post by simonB »

Hello Bastiaan

The main window does not communicate with the button editor. Therefore it is not possible to save changes to modifications within the page editor except for when you first create a scene.

You have three options.
1.when you select your colour, hold the "Shift" key and your modifications will be applied to all fixtures.
2.if you are using a color mixing fixture (CMY/RGB), right click on the top of the channel fader. The color manager will pop up and allow you to quickly change the color of a selection of fixtures.
3.Close and save the button, then right click and drag the colour button and drop it onto your new button. (This will modify all steps)

Regards
Simon
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your fast and accurate response. To my idea, it would have been more intuitive if the main window and the button editor did communicate with each other, although it isn't that much of an issue because if I want to create a complex movement, I can use the EasyTime or Effect Manager. But if I want to create, say, a basic colour scroll, what would be the best practice? To add EaySteps for every colour and then set the faders for each fixture (using the shift method as described above) to the appropriate position in each step or can this also be achieved with the sequencer or chaser?

Sorry for the basic questions but this are some problems I've run in to and the manual nor the online manual seems to offer an answer (so I'm very glad you do).
Thanks again,
Bastiaan
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

If you want to create a color scroll, you could use the rainbow effect within the effects generator. If you need all the colors to change at the same time the best way would be by setting 6-10 steps within the easyStep editor.