Audio Analysis

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

studio-50

Audio Analysis

Post by studio-50 »

When trying to use the audio analysis feature, there appears to residual noise on the program which operates all three signal inputs, low mid and high frequencies without any audio input..
This error occurs on both of my laptops, as well as the main PC.
This error is present on Sunlite suite 2008 & 2009
but is not present on the earlier 2004 version
I have recently downloaded the program from the web but is present on this also.
If you view an earlier string regarding audio problems this suggests that there is an error within the file slmm.exe 2008 &2009 but not for sunlite version 2004.
should i swop this slmm file over from 2004 - to 2009?
And if so can you change the original download program.
thanks
Studio50
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Audio Analysis

Post by simonB »

Hello

I noticed that the audio analysis detects a small amount of noise on the line input when nothing is connected, but this is not nearly enough to affect the operation of the audio analysis. Has this caused problems to your project?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
studio-50

Re: Audio Analysis

Post by studio-50 »

Simon,

If you take the anaylsis bar as being 0-100% the background noise on the low is around 20% mid 10% and treble 0-5 % these figures vary upwards as the pc / laptop works harder.
Also it makes no difference whether an internal or external microphone is used.

The theshold levels on the analysis bar are set at the upper end of the scale so that the peaks do not interfer with audio levels. However you do need a positive input level to trigger each frequency as the overall sensitivity has been reduced.
to answer the question , i've worked around the problem setting other threshold levels, but the problem exists on 2008 program and not on 2004?

thanks for your assistance