How to COMPLETELY uninstall SL? USB problem!!!!

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

luceses
Junior Forumor

How to COMPLETELY uninstall SL? USB problem!!!!

Post by luceses »

Hello, I have been using SL for about 2 months now with little to no problems with the interface. I have SL Suite installed on a laptop and on my main tower. Now the interface is no longer recognized on my laptop,but it is recognized on my tower. I recently installed the beta version on the laptop only and I think there might be some conflict now as a result. I have uninstalled both versions of SL and I am STILL having connection issues. So my questions are:

1) how do I COMPLETELY uninstall SL including the USB drivers for both versions?

2)could virus software be a problem? I do not have virus installed on the tower,but I do have it on the laptop.

Since the laptop is actually the computer to be used for work, I really need to resolve this issue!!!

Thanks,

luceses
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Here is the information written below the link that download the beta version on our website:

"This new beta version will install new USB drivers on your computer, you will no longer be able to run the old sofware versions."

So, you can use both (old and new) versions on the same computer without some modifications. You have to update the USB firmware manually from the device manager. 2 drivers are installed, the more recent is for the beta version. You just need to select one driver from the list (while updating the drivers) and it will work then.
luceses
Junior Forumor

Post by luceses »

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry,but I am not sure how to do what you are recommending. I am not sure what "device" to select in the device manager. Also, since I have completely uninstalled and removed the beta version will the beta driver still be on my computer?

I apologize if this is very easy for most people,but I could use some more guidance.

Thanks,

luceses
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

The device is "Intelligent USB....interface" and the driver is still there after the software removal.
luceses
Junior Forumor

Post by luceses »

Okay. Thanks for the help.

luceses