Masterfader

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

musicandmore
Junior Forumor

Masterfader

Post by musicandmore »

SORRY, but I need urgently your help!
I want to realize a standard DMX (PAR) Controller with sunlite. But I can't find a solution for Masterfader.
For example:
6xPar64 (Channel 1-6)
Scenes created for Chan 2-5
For Chan 1 and 6 I created Background Light. This 2 Channels are Dimmer Channels...

1) How can I creat a Master Fader Channel for all Channels 1-6. The original Scenes must not be influences!!
The reason is, that I have not on all place enough power at hand (fuse sometimes 32A but also 16A or 10Ampere).
With this Master Fader I can regulate the total power!

2) But I have also Moving Heads. This Moving Heads should not influenced from the Masterfader.

Is there a chance? I haven't find a solution, although I read the manuel....

Thank you so much for your help friends!!!!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Masterfader

Post by simonB »

1) How can I creat a Master Fader Channel for all Channels 1-6. The original Scenes must not be influences!!
I'm a little confused as to what you want to do here. Do you want a master fader which doesn't effect fixtures 1 and 6? Or do you intend to create a series of switches which you don't want a master fader to effect? You can create a master switch and assign a dimmer fader to all channels but set the switch to Lowest Takes Priority. This will accept only the lowest value between the master fader and any other switches which effect a particular channel.
But I have also Moving Heads. This Moving Heads should not influenced from the Masterfader.
Don't assign a master fader to the moving head dimmer channels.

If you can send me your show to [email protected] and explain more clearly what you want to accomplish, I'll take a look.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
musicandmore
Junior Forumor

Post by musicandmore »

Dear Simon!

Thank you so much for your quick answer!
Sorry for my bad illustration. It's really Simple for me, but it is not simple to explain.

Please imagine a simple DMX Controller (e.g. http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_lc24 ... chpult.htm ). The last controller is always the master fader. The master fader control at last the light output from all channels.
And this is it. For Channel 1 to 6 (show runs...). The only request is to dim all Channel in % from the actual output.
e.g.: Snapshot: Masterfader=100%
Channel 1 is fix full power
Channel 2 is 50% from full power at this moment

And now: Masterfader to 50%
Target:
Channel 1 full power - Masterfader 50%: Output 50% from full power
Channel 2 dim 50% - Masterfader 50% : Output 25% from full power

I hope you understand my request.

I'm still waiting for your answer. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LG. musicandmore
musicandmore
Junior Forumor

Post by musicandmore »

Dear Simon!!!

I'm so happy!
After I checked all the values again, I found the solution.

Please delete the POST.

But for all that - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Best regards,
musicandmore