Midi issue

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Dizz

Midi issue

Post by Dizz »

Hey Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone else has attempted this yet but I heard from another Sunlite user that they have made this pairing successfully.

I am attempting to pair Sunlite with ITM Matrix Wifi midi control software for Iphone. We are using this so that the production manager at the club the unit is installed in can have quick access to change cycles right on his iphone from anywhere in the club.

I have assigned the cycles to the buttons on one of the midi consoles in Sunlite but I cannot see anywhere in Sunlite where to select the Midi device for Sunlite to point to.

I have fought with this for hours, any help would be very appreciated!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Midi issue

Post by simonB »

Haven't tried the wifi myself so I would be interested to see how you get on with that. You can select the MIDI input device within the starting parameters.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

I guess what it comes down to is that I have not used the midi capabilities in Sunlite as of yet. I have been using the program heavily for quite a few applications and club installs but we typically use the interface with a touch screen pc.

I have looked in the starting parameters and I am not seeing anything that lets me select an available midi device, I have been through the manuals backwards and forwards and have not found anything to help..
mely
Junior Forumor

Post by mely »

Dizz wrote:Hey Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone else has attempted this yet but I heard from another Sunlite user that they have made this pairing successfully.

I am attempting to pair Sunlite with ITM Matrix Wifi midi control software for Iphone. We are using this so that the production manager at the club the unit is installed in can have quick access to change cycles right on his iphone from anywhere in the club.

I have assigned the cycles to the buttons on one of the midi consoles in Sunlite but I cannot see anywhere in Sunlite where to select the Midi device for Sunlite to point to.

I have fought with this for hours, any help would be very appreciated!

if you can
requires a PC poket
with windows operating sitem
viva la familia
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

of course sorry I was getting mixed up with Suite 2. You will be able to select which MIDI device you want Sunlite Suite to listen to with the new Suite 2 software (due for release this summer). You will also be able to send MIDI feedback, so if your iphone midi app supports it you can have the iphone change as the buttons change in sunlite suite2