LTP problem

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

tsools
New Forumor

LTP problem

Post by tsools »

I notice strange behaviour with the LTP-function of the Outputs-window in Sunlite 2006 (May 30 2009 and the latest beta), that isn't present in some other versions of Sunlite.

normal scenario:
In the Outputs-window, I choose "Show DMX Universe #1". Then I click one of the "Auto"-buttons so that it changes to "LTP". The channel's value remains steady at its previous value and remains locked, like I think it should.

trouble scenario:
In the Outputs-window, I choose "Show channel's levels of current page only". Then I click one of the "Auto"-buttons so that it changes to "LTP". The channel's value jumps to 0.

I'm used to using the LTP-function for locking channel's value, especially for pan/tilt channels, but this way the channel's value is lost when trying to lock it. The problem isn't present in Sunlite 2004 or 2002. Can this be solved in the upcoming version of Sunlite 2006? Thank you!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: LTP problem

Post by simonB »

Sorry I can't re-produce your problem. see the video here..

http://www.nicolaudie.com/tutorials/support/ltp.html
Simon
--
Sales/Support
tsools
New Forumor

Post by tsools »

Thank you for the very clear video response. This puzzled me for a while. I think the key difference is that I attached my moving head fixture page to the master page. If I detach it from the master page, both the "Show universe #1" and "Show channel's levels of current page only" act as expected. So I have a workaround now, but it would be a waste not to be able to use the master page, I like to use it to synchronize chases on multiple fixtures.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Yeah I've found it now, I've forwarded it on to the developers
Simon
--
Sales/Support