Midi not working in Sunlite, but works in all other programs

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Luvac Zantor

Midi not working in Sunlite, but works in all other programs

Post by Luvac Zantor »

I have the BC box (orange), and sunlite will not register midi at all.

I've tried 3 different machines, and three different midi inputs (maudio usb to midi, maudio finger trigger, AND my maudio firewire 1812 midi connections). All work in SONAR and Midi-ox shows activity, but when I try to assign a midi note to a button (or anything), sunlite doesn't register a damn thing.

Since this is on multiple machines and it works in other programs, I'm assuming user error here. I've gone through the manual, but it's a bit sparse on the steps with midi. I'm pretty savvy, computer consultant by trade, but this has just got me stumped.

The use of midi was proabably the top reason I purcachsed this, I really need it, please help. Thanks!!!!
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

I will check that, it should perfectly work with your prorgam.
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

Make sure you are using the last version of Sunlite 21 mar 2008.
Also check the firmware version of your interface. you can do this by openning the Stand Alone software, and once opened look in the lower left corner, you should see the serial number and the firmware version.
The last one is ver 1.14.

I am using midi, without problem.
teggers
Junior Forumor

Re: Midi not working in Sunlite, but works in all other programs

Post by teggers »

Go to Starting Parameters
Audio/Midi
Test Midi

View the Status in the window.

Check that you are receiving Midi and that you are getting MIdi NOTES (value of 192 - I think, but might be 144...don't recall) It needs to see notes, not commands. Use a keyboard to get it working first (ensuring notes) and view your parameters.