DMX Channels transmitted by SL2048EC

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

VinceC
Junior Forumor

DMX Channels transmitted by SL2048EC

Post by VinceC »

Hi All,

A quick question - does the SL2048EC transmit all 512 DMX channels all the time?

I ask because I am experiencing an odd problem with a dimmer pack. I set up a simple fade up/fade down program in Sunlite and left it running.

The dimmer pack (a Soundlab G018VB SRC-192) has a small LCD display that usually shows the state of the six dimmer channels. While this is displayed, the fade up/down program causes a disinct "jerkyness" in the dimmer curve, but if I go into the dimmer pack menu system (so the LCD display is not showing the dimmer state), the dimmer curve is smooth.

I am guessing that the onboard microprocessor can't cope with driving the display AND processing all 512 DMX channels.

My follow-on question is this: if the SL2048EC does transmit all 512 channels by default, can this be limited in any way?

Many thanks,

Vince
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

They are all transmitted and you cannot change it.
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Post by VinceC »

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I actually improved the dimmer response by making a small change in the Sunlite starting parameters (Controller -> Starting parameters -> Outputs):

By default the first two DMX Universes have check boxes by them but neither are checked. I checked the first one, at which point the second universe changed to "USB-DMX( - Out 2)"

I don't know exactly how this affected the transmitted DMX data stream, but the Soundlab dimmer pack certainly seemed happier, and now dims much more smoothly.

As I said originally, I think the problem lies within the dimmer microprocessor, and I have asked the UK Soundlab distributor if they can provide a solution. If I hear anything I will post it on this forum.

Cheers, Vince