Feature Request

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

djtommye
New Forumor

Feature Request

Post by djtommye »

I am a mobile DJ, so I often will be setting my lighting up at different locations and in different formats.

I think it would be great if there were some means to restrict movement of some of the scenes.

For example. I would like some of the scenes to allow for the full movement of the moving head (perhaps for lighting a doorway or doing some patterns on the walls), and others to restrict them just to the dance floor.

I would like to be able to go in (much like the settings for a fixture page) and create a restricted area for the movement, and then apply that to ONLY a few select buttons. So, perhaps in the button settings there could be a "Apply movement constraints" check box or something like that.

Then, at my next event, I would just modify that restricted area for the new location, and it would then apply to those buttons.

I hope this makes sense!?
Tommy Evans
DJ / Owner
Specialty Sound
817-577-3595
[email protected]
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Why don't you use the SIZE fader? It enables to modify the moving area of the selected scene or switch in real time.
djtommye
New Forumor

Post by djtommye »

That may work fine for a moving mirror, but the "center" of a moving head is usually pointing straight down (if the fixture is hung from a stand). So, wouldn't adjusting the SIZE just shrink the travel from the center position?
Tommy Evans
DJ / Owner
Specialty Sound
817-577-3595
[email protected]
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

There is the Option to change the center of the luminarie.
Go to Page, Settings, channels and ther you will find for every luminarie that the center can be changed on the X/Y Button.
mezz

Post by mezz »

I think the feature to add here would be to pick a focus point and have an effect (ie circle) center around that point instaed of always starting from center. In other lighting consoles, you can apply the fx algorithms to a position preset and the fx would be centered around that x,y position. It would be nice for Sunlite to do this as well. That way you can limit your fx to a certain spot.
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

YOU ARE RIGHT.
THIS IS A VERY POWERFUL FEATURE, THAT I HAD ASKED TO SUNLITE FOR SOME TIME AGO.
I WILL RESEND THIS POST TO THEM, HOPE THEY WILL DO IT ON A NEXT RELEASE.