DMX FREEZING

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

barry369

DMX FREEZING

Post by barry369 »

I am using March 20, 2007 Sunlight software. I am running 4 martin mac250 kryptons, 4 elation 12 LED Bricks, and 4 Martin Stagebar54 LED fixtures. Everything works great. When I leave the lights (all of them) in a regular pattern or scene for an extended period of time (aprrox 10 minutes) the fixtures loose the dmx signal and I have to exit and restart Sunlight. Then everything works perfectly and then after some time when the lights are left in a particular pattern, same thing happens and I have to exit and restart. To answer the first few questions. This program ran great with no problems with the older dmx interface and Sunlight 2002. It doesn't matter what pattern or scene is running, it's not just happening on one particular setting. The Computer is running windows xp with a gig of ram and 2 gig processor. Is there something I am missing here. It's quite frustrating because during a performance, the lights need to respond to certain lighting cues at certain times and they are not because they hang in their current pattern or scene. Thanks for your help. cheers
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

What interface do you use? SL512BC, SL2048EC...
barry369

Post by barry369 »

Hi Bruno, it doesn't say. It's a see through orange case. I do believe it's the economy interface. I hope this helps. used it again this past weekend and again the lights loose the dmx signal and freeze. i exit the sunlite program and restart and everything works great. By the way, the computer works fine, no issues at all, just the dmx interface
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Ok, so it's a SL512BC. Can you give me the interface S/N? It should be located on a white label on the board. I need it to know what version of firmware you have.
barry369

Post by barry369 »

SUIDI 6 C

The above is what's on the label on the board in the interface
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

barry369

sunlight program failure

Post by barry369 »

Hi there I'm very disappointed, but I am to blame as well. I did the firmware upgrade as per the info you sent me. I connected the dmx interface and it updated. I played my first show with the update and now my sunlight does not work at all. The green light comes on for a second when connected to the computer and then off. the yellow and red are on. In the help menu it says if the green lite does not come on it's because the software is not communicating with the interface. the long and short of it. I had 8 martin mac 250 kryptons, and 4 stagebar54 and couldn't use them because of the recent firmware update. this program failed big time and I had to refund money back to my client. I realize I should have checked this out but I didn't think the upgrade would not work at all. How can I fix this. I have another big show this Monday night. I think I should have kept the old interface and Sunlite 2002 it was completely bullet proof with no problems at all. Please help. Again I need this up an running as I mention by Monday night. By the way I have sunlite on 2 other laptops. None of them work with the firmware update you sent me. I can even uninstall the usb driver and put the old one back on because the system wont let me. Thanks for your reply. Cheers Barry
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

Try ther last version of Sunlite Suite 21 mar 2008. I think the firmware has to work with this last version and future ones.
Download it from the web.
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Yes Yes, that is the reason, you must use the latest software version, I should have written this somewhere! Sorry...