BPM Sync via Midi Clock

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Poldi
Junior Forumor

BPM Sync via Midi Clock

Post by Poldi »

Hi there,
we got this funky little new toy recently, an 'I can convert Sound Input to a BPM Midi Clock Signal' thingy - i forgot the name, sorry. It's connected through an USB-Midi-Interface (Edirol UM2). It seems to work flawlessly (our Video-Software on the PC recognizes the Midi Clock and goes in sync).
However: I had no luck with Sunlite. I tried via the 'MIDI'-Window in the 'EDIT'-Menu - i can only assign keys of a simple midikeyboard there.
In the 'Start Parameters'-Window i checked the Box 'Receive Midi Data...' and so on, where 'Midi Clock' is written. So i guess, Sunlite is able to handle Midi Clock after all. But i am lost: Where exactly can i teach sunlite: 'Hey, please receive the MIDI-Clock from the EDIROL UM2 and get in sync with it, when doing my bread&butter PAR-64 chase of boredom!'
Any help would be appreciated.
Greetings,
Jan
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Midi Time Code allows to synchronize a cycle and there is a chapter in the manual, talking about MTC.
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

Thanks for the answer, Bruno. I've learned somehting. Believe me: I'm one of those out there, enjoying reading manuals (no kidding), so i knew about this section, you are talking about. I just thought, my request would be possible in Sunlite.
... I'd like to add the feature to my personal wishlist anyway. If you find the time :)
Greetings,
Jan