Adding chases to Master Page Scenes

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Poldi
Junior Forumor

Adding chases to Master Page Scenes

Post by Poldi »

Hi there,
i'm having a strange problem, to keep things simple, i try to explain it in an easy setup. I've got a whole page just for my conventional lights, now, when i try storing chases (saved in switches) from this page in a master page scene, sunlite won't save this chase. it's not recognized at all, sunlite just creates a blank scene. trying to store a chase (made with easy step, easy time, chase-thingy doesn't matter, tried everything) to an existing master page scene makes sunlite turning the lamps in the chase to full on, completely ignoring the chase again - even worse :) this is kind of strange and i'm sure i'm missing something basic, so could anyone please help me out?
the basic question is: how to store a switch containing a chase (a simple par64-chase, though that should not change anything, i guess) correctly into a scene on the master page...
thank you very much
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

From the Master page, "Button" menu and "New scene", then "As you see now"...of course the switch must be ON in the sub page.
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

Hi Bruno,
yes, that's the way i did it. it didn't work.
meanwhile i found the problem: sub-pages heavily using dmx-in signals don't seem to be liked that much by sunlite. the problem that chases on those not recognized in the master page only occurs with sub-pages using dmx-signals. so to be clear: not the entire sub-page uses dmx-in, but some of the channels do, the other ones are just using intern sunlite chases and functions. these are the ones i'm trying to include into a master page scene. doesn't work. is this working as intended? am i doing something wrong? any advise? it's a great feature working with a dmx-in signal and i really don't want to give it up. and, please, don't say: create more sub-pages, as the patch i'm working on is so weird and old and unchangeable, it would be a pain.
thank you in advance, greetings,
jan
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

hi again,
and, forget it, i found the problem, i think... the subpage not working was just very old and once merged from several different sub-pages, which led to strange behaviour, i think. i just created a new one. it's working now, yippie!