SL512BC Suete recognition

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

horsegirl612

SL512BC Suete recognition

Post by horsegirl612 »

I just purchased Sunlite Suete with the SL512BC usb-dmx interface (BLUE)

I installed the software on my PC and it recognized the usb-dmx just fine when I was running the Stand Alone, but when I went to try and run the regular Sunlite Suite software, it would not recognize the usb-dmx box.

Also, when I was using the Easy View, it let me set up the bars and trusses and such, but it would not let me add fixtures. I was also looking for a stage object but could not find that either It seems like I have a very limited object library.

Any advice?
Thanks.
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

If your interfac is blue, it is a SLESA-U5 product and not a SL512BC. It can't be recognized by Sunlite Suite software.
horsegirl612

yes

Post by horsegirl612 »

it came with the sunlite software. it is the blue box that i bought that came in the package. and it worked on a different PC of a friend (he said something about downloading drivers but i cant find them) so it should work on mine too. HELP
playboy

Post by playboy »

Old interfaces are no longer recognized. Only the new products (2006-2008) are recognized (SL512BC, SL2048EC, SL2048FC and SL2048FC+).
load from the Homepage a older Version of Sunlight and it works.
horsegirl612

its new!

Post by horsegirl612 »

but i just bought it less than a year ago! it is the blue USB DMX interface with one input. i uninstalled and reinstalled everything and even downloaded the CD version from the website.
also, i was looking at the back of the interface box and through the window there is a label. i forget exactly what it said and i'm on a different computer, but it started with s and ended with i and a 6 (s-----i 6). now the part before the 6 matched the title of the system file for the driver that came with the software download, but it ended in 5 instead of 6. could this be my problem?
thanx for all the help.
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

I need the exact serial number to help.