PROPER PROCEDURE FOR BACKUP AND RESTORE???

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

adam1976

PROPER PROCEDURE FOR BACKUP AND RESTORE???

Post by adam1976 »

Hello, for some time I have had a bit of trouble when backing up and restoring sunlite and shows to another computer and would like some help in the proper procedures to do this without any problems arrising.

I update and setup many club systems and work on them alot on my laptop then try to update the systems when I finish the layouts, pages, etc..

Recently I needed to update a computer using a midi keyboard for triggers and after I moved the Light_data file and the backed up show file I ran across a problem that everytime i tried to edit a button or use midi it would give me a fatal C++ runtime error and close. I know there is the saved show file.. the Light_data files, the scanlibrary etc. but im not sure if im moving all the needed files to the club computer from my laptop?!

I know there is a way to "archive" the pages but I have rarely did this and usually just moving the light_data and saved show file has worked.... until now..

Could you give a little help in explaining the proper step by step procedures for me to move sunlite and a saved show to another computer system? and which files are needed for it to funcition properly? I think the problem i am having has somthing to do with the device profile because when i move the show and data over the channels are not named and no channel icons are present when viewing the "dmx output" window.

Thanks for the help and .... sunlite rocks! period

Adam Manfredi
Lightwerk Labs
Phoenix AZ USA
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

There is a function to backup/restore the show! You should use it. The function is available from the "Controller" menu.
augustodiaz
New Forumor

Post by augustodiaz »

you may try saving the page you need (even all the pages) and after deleting the ones that are crashing open the saved ones, this works for most of the cases were the buttons doesn't want to work the same as in other computer.
LJ at Foreplay Lounge - Queretaro, México
www.foreplay.com.mx