limiting pan and tilt

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

regis
Junior Forumor

limiting pan and tilt

Post by regis »

hello guys,

as a newbie and after reading the manual without finding the answer, i've decided to post this message.

Is there a way to llimit the pan and tilt of a motorized spot ?

here is an example of what i want to do :

i want to limit the pan from an angle from 90 to 270 degrees and the tilt from 130 to 170 degrees. I tried with th X/Y button in the page button but i'm unable to know how it works.

thank you in advance for your valuable help
easy_gtr
New Forumor

Post by easy_gtr »

you want to reduce the pan-tilt ?
ROCK N' ROLL
Domingos
Junior Forumor

Post by Domingos »

You can limit the pan/tilt amplitude of your fixtures in two ways:

1. When you create the page for your fixtures with the scanlibrary wizard in the step number 4. Doing it this way all the preprogramed scenes/switches created with the scanlibrary wizard will play inside the defined limites

2. Select the page of the fixtures you want to limit pan/til then go to page / setting and on the channels tab click on the X/Y icon.
regis
Junior Forumor

Post by regis »

ok, after passing time, looking at the function X/Y, i found the way to limit pan and tilt (rezise of the square).

I'have notice something else :

my light has an amplitude of 360 degrees, when playing with the dmx values, the head move smoothly with a 2 degrees step by 1 dmx value.

This means a complete round is done from 0 to 180 dmx value and the rotation restart from 181 to 255 dmx value.

When you use a a factory switch, circle by example, the rotation movement use a dmx value from 0 to 255 and the result is not too good for me as the figure should be designed to be executed with a 0 to 180 range.

the only answer i ve found is to create switches according to these value.

is there a way to do something easier (meaning a complete circle is done from 0 to 255 dmx value) ?

I'm sorry to bore you with this question but i'm a real newbie in the lightning world. Try to be kind in your answer (laugh are forbidden).

Last point, i'm working in simulation mode because my lights are not yet delivered, there will be maybe a difference with real moving heads ? (i'm pretty sure not)

All answers are welcome, in english or french. In this way, newbies should improve their skill. Personally, i think a tutorial section is missing.

once again, thank you in advance for your answers.
xenomm

Post by xenomm »

ypu can limit the limit of proportional dmx value in pan/tilt chanel of the fixture. go to the propierties of the page, channels and find each X/Y channel of each fixture.
If you want a maximium of 180DMX in X, for example, patch the channel in te following way "=number of channel/0/180 and the nex maximum will be 180 and not 255, making al movments proportional
regis
Junior Forumor

Post by regis »

ok, great answer but.....

i've open the page properties and select my channel (here channel 100) called

100 <a>"SP1x*/*"

i have added 100/0/180 to the channel patch area and pressed ok.

now there is a percent "%" before 100 <a>"SP1x*/*"

i have made several tests but this is not the good result. Is there a way to explain the way to modify this value to do what i want ?

ps : when the value is added 100/0/180 the result is 100//180
the value must be different from 0

once again thank in advance for your help (it may be usefull too for all users of this very powerfull software)

have a good night
regis
Junior Forumor

Post by regis »

and the answer is

first number = channel
second = starting percentage value
third = end percentage value

so for an complete pan of 360 degrees realized with 180 dmx value the value is something like 70 -->(180/256)*100

so the recipe is for me

100/1/70

hope reading news from you soon
xenomm

Post by xenomm »

true, I didnt remember that it is in porcentage by defaul, not in DMX value. :D sorry