Newbie, ArtNet question - please help me...

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

thewoodshopguy

Newbie, ArtNet question - please help me...

Post by thewoodshopguy »

OK - this is my first post to this forum, so forgive me if someone has already addressed this issue. I did search and I could find the answer...

I am currently using Enttec LightFactory as my lighting controller. I like it, but I have found it to be somewhat buggy and somewhat un-reliable. Not bashing, it is pretty good still - just seeing if Sunlite is a better solution for us.

A friend told me about Sunlite and I have been somewhat obsessed with seeing if it may be a better, more reliable answer for us. I really like what I see and what he showed me and told me of its track record with his use.

My issue is this: ARTNET!! :?

We send 2 universes of DMX over ethernet in our theatre. Then we use Enttec hardware to convert IP back to DMX and distribute. I am using an Enttec MK2 to convert 2 of those universes (universe 1 and 2) from artnet to DMX. The console is sending the data via Artnet. The console(PC) is set at 192.168.8.96 and the IP->DMX Device is at 192.168.8.101. The Enttec converter, is using Artnet (Subnet 0/Universe 0 and Subnet 0/Universe 1). They talk just fine when using LightFactory. But when I load Sunlite and tell it to use Universe#1=EthernetUniverse#1, Universe#2=EthernetUniverse#2 - it says it cant find DMX hardware I did enable the use Ethernet Control checkbox, but still it cant find the device. I am really trying to use Sunlite to see if it could replace LightFactory for us - but I cant get it to talk ArtNet to our system.

Can someone please help me??

Thanks very much. :?:
thewoodshopguy

Forgot to Add...I am using Sunlite Suite 2006

Post by thewoodshopguy »

I am using Sunlite Suite 2006. I need the features of more live show control style.

Thanks Again,
Josh
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

Is there any sunlite interface connected in your network ?
I think this is necessary.
(to run sunlite in EC or FC (not demo mode))
It is possible that I am wrong...
thewoodshopguy

Sunlite Hardwarew Connected

Post by thewoodshopguy »

Thanks for the reply.

Currently, no - I do not have any Sunlite hardware connected. Are you saying that if I were to plug a Sunlite USB/DMX input device or something, that Sunlite will then see the device on Artnet? Like it is running in Demo mode until it finds some USB hardware first?
SimonJ

Post by SimonJ »

You need genuine SUNLITE hardware for it to work :D
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

You must purchase a Sunlite DMX interface to run the software. Please read the licence agreement !