Sunlite Running on My MacBook Pro

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

sonicj

Sunlite Running on My MacBook Pro

Post by sonicj »

gatrof

Post by gatrof »

How did you do this?
easy_gtr
New Forumor

Post by easy_gtr »

does this actualy works?
ROCK N' ROLL
easy_gtr
New Forumor

Post by easy_gtr »

easy_gtr wrote:does this actualy works?i can see u use sketchup software too. great software. can you actualy import 3d object to the sunlite? i finally did it using 3d studio max and sketchup together.
ROCK N' ROLL
sonicj

Post by sonicj »

you can do this 2 different ways that i know of... virtualization via parallels or natively via apple's bootcamp.

parallels is an amasing piece of software despite it's lack of support for 3d acceleration & a few oddities here and there. the macbook pro runs windows xp on top of osx FAST! if you can live without 3d & firewire (for now) parallels can replace your windows box completely. vmware is a similar alternative, but wasn't nearly as smooth as parallels when i tried it (a few months back)

bootcamp allows you to boot windows natively on the mac. it supports 3d, but you have to boot into windows instead of osx and that blows. the last time i tried i couldn't get magic 3d to display properly. i might have been doing something wrong though.

anywho, both work exceptionally well. i use the mbp w/sunlite to write programs from different perspectives in the club, then bounce the files back to the lighting box in the booth. cleaning up profiles from home is nice too.