Sunlite2002 and fade times

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

PM-LIGHT

Sunlite2002 and fade times

Post by PM-LIGHT »

Hi all,

I have just finished a show with Sunlite, but had a few problems. I was wondering if anyone has had the same or knows a solution?

Fade times
All the scenes were set to 5 sec fade times and all channels were always on the %mode, not On/Off. Sometimes Sunlite ignored the fade times and cut to the next scene. I know if you double click on a scene button it cuts to the next scene, but these were only single clicks.

The other thing is if you click on a wrong scene button and then quickly to the right one, Sunlite jumps to the end of the wrong scene and then continues to fade from wrong to right. I hope I made myself clear? Soz!

Is there a solution to this problem? Its just we all love using Sunlite here at PML, but don’t like the fade time problem!

Please could you help us!

Many thanks,
Phil
Matthieu

Post by Matthieu »

i have a similar problem when i use moves in a scene for say a moving head some of the times the movinghead moves to his reset point.
now i have noticed that this only hapens if i use my mouse to ckick on em.
i am now using the DMXin to select the scenes and i have not had that problem since, maybe you should try and use a key to start the scene just to see if you still have that problem, i tink is may have somting to do whit the mouse clicking and moving your mouse at the same time (but not sure about it) well try it out and let me know if it works.
maybe sunlite should change there senitivitie on the mouse clicks or moves or somting
good luck
PM-LIGHT

Post by PM-LIGHT »

Ok, we use a trackball with sunlite so we dont move and click the mouse at the same time.
I have tried using the Keys to activate, but it still sometimes skips. Any more ideas anyone? Please! Thanks.
C_Gregory

Post by C_Gregory »

I must confess I've never experienced the problem you describe.
However, I always control a show by placing all my scenes into a cycle stack with the time for each scene set to 'GO'.
This way all you have to do is press the 'PgDn' key to go to the next scene. It makes it much easier to run a show as you're not relying on the mouse and you can include scenes from multiple pages onto a single cycle.

Hope this helps.

Chris Gregory
PM-LIGHT

Post by PM-LIGHT »

trying...
Last edited by PM-LIGHT on Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM-LIGHT

Post by PM-LIGHT »

WOW! Cool, that works realy well. Thanks. I didnt know you could do that!

Many thanks guys for all the help you have given us.
Thank you. :lol: