trouble with usb 2 or SL2002 or SP4

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

jeremie

trouble with usb 2 or SL2002 or SP4

Post by jeremie »

hello,
here is my trouble:
I used to use the dmx interface on an old computer in USB 1 with SL2000, but I changed my computer and the new one has only uSB 2 bus and I use SL2002 on it. The fact is the interface is well detect and installed (no driver installation trouble) it is detected by both SL2000and 20002 but it doesn't work in the software. I mean it doesn't switch scenes when i'm pushing button next or previous (page up and page down works well).
I use to try on another computer in usb1 with SL2002 same trouble. I noticed the computers where it doesn't work are in windows SP4.

Someone noticed the same trouble?

Thak you
Jeremie Zahorski

Post by Guest »

Hi,

You wrote that your interface is well recognized by both 2000 and 2002 softwares. It means that you can see 1 SL512EC or 1 SL512FC when the software is starting.
I can not see why you talked about USB 2.0 if you have the same problem with a USB 1.0 computer. What is windows SP4 (2000, NT, XP...)?
Do you have DMX signal? Is the problem only with 2002 software?

Post by Guest »

Hi,

You can now read a FAQ about the problem with USB 2.
You are now able to fix it by updating the firmware.
leander

I've got the same problem!

Post by leander »

I've got the same problem with the software "Sunlite 2002". It doesen't work with my ec-interface. Why? I haven't got any problems with drivers, firmware or others. I've downloaded the new update for usb 2.0, but it doesen't work. I've never seen the screen with 1SL512EC by starting Sunlite 2002. (only demo-mode)
Only the program "Easy Stand Alone" works, but I can't use it, I need the "livefunction". What should I do?

Leander
Matthieu

Post by Matthieu »

before you can update the firmware you have to make sure your device is installed properly.
i had a the same problem trying to use my SL512FC on a winXP( i have bin using it on a win2k for 2 years whit no problems)
but its realy a mather of getting the driver installed once that is done, the firmware update should be easy.
the problem is that when you plug in the device windowsXPwont see it, so you have to install it manualy true your controll pannel> add hardware
it did the trick for me after the driver was correctly installed i could see the SL512FC in my device manager and i could update the firmware.

good luck

Post by Guest »

Dear leander,

If you can not run Sunlite this is because your interface is a SLESA (Easy Stand Alone). Where did you buy it? What is the serial # (you can find it near the USB cable) ?
jeremie

Post by jeremie »

hello, sorry to aswer quiet late
I was talking about win2Ksp4 but aparently i have tested on a previous version (sp2) and it doesn't work. So I might have not configure well SL2002 but I don't know how to do it well I try few things in the "declenchement" onglet and I try different settings in te parametre page.
It is the 1 SL512FC that I see at SL starting. And the problem is with both SL2000 and SL2002 soft. I have upgrade the firmware but it has not fix anything on my trouble.

How can I see if there a DMX signal?

We use the interface on a very simple way just a button to switch scenes (next button) but it is not working, I havn't see in the initiation book where i have to configure it.

thxs
Jeremie

Post by Guest »

Dear Jeremie,

Can you mail me your backup at [email protected]