Re Sunlite 2004

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

DJ Pat

Re Sunlite 2004

Post by DJ Pat »

:idea:
I am currently a Economy user, I notice that the 2004 version software will not work with my USB box, so will I need to purchase a new package or will there be the uption for me to upgrade at a reduction. How will I justify the cost for a new package at the same price and will only gain an even more user friendly software but from the venue pint of view it will be the same light show only programmed quicker and easier. If there is to be a reduction for an upgrade, any idea how nuch it will be and also how this can be done quicky as I only have one USB box, so the upgrade process takes 3 - 4 weeks to be completed the I will be without my fantastic light show to nothing for 3 weeks and my customers will notice the difference. This will do my establish light show reputation no good, seeing that it was the Sunlite Package that gave me the reputation in the first place when I made the option to use it after seeing it at the PLASA sow back in 2000.
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Post by VinceC »

Hi DJ Pat,

I am also an Economy 2002 user, and I see your problem!!

I was planning to use the enforced upgrade to 2004/New USB Interface as an opportunity to upgrade to the First Class package, as I could certainly use the MIDI support, and Easy Show looks like a very powerful tool.

I don't know where you sourced your package from, but Ryger (and now Abstract) are distributors in the UK, and I think going through them, the turnaround could be a lot shorter. So long as they have stock of the new USB DMX interfaces, I can't see you being without a show for more than a few days.

When the time comes for me to upgrade, I will most probably thrash up the M1 to Leicester (where Abstract are) and do the swap in person.

It does seem a bit unfortunate to HAVE to upgrade, but I guess it is our money that funds the steady improvements in the product - there ain't nothing for free these days!!

Cheers, Vince
DJ Pat

Sunlite 2004 upgrade

Post by DJ Pat »

I got my package through a distrubution company called ESP (UK) up in Letchworth, I gave it 4 working days for my order to processed (credit card booking) and even then it took 2 weeks before I got my order. I use my unit every weekend and every Thursday at a union bar in London so even a week without the unit will have an effect on me. I was going to go for the first class upgrade for the MIDI option so I can use a keyboard to select a scene, but have found a way around that option by using a USB keyboard plugged into the laptop replacing the QWERTY keys with number keys 1 to 31, which gives me 62 instant selectable buttons (Caps lock gives me my second 31). So after using Sunlite for 2 and a half years I will like to have the 2004 version as it is a fantastic lighting system and the venues I work at like the light show it produces. I don't know if ESP are still a distributor of Sunlite, but if I have the option I will also choose to make the trip and do the upgrade in person.

DJ Pat
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Post by VinceC »

Hi Pat,

I know ESP, as I bought a couple of Mobil-Tech wind-up lighting stands from them maybe a year ago, and I don't think they are still a distributor for Sunlite, but worth checking, nevertheless.

Cool idea about the keyboard! I might give it go as well. Of course I will give you full credit if anyone asks.

Maybe I can stick with the Economy version after all, and save a few bob.

Cheers, Vince