How to fade out a Moving mirror fixture

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

VinceC
Junior Forumor

How to fade out a Moving mirror fixture

Post by VinceC »

I have a pair of Clay Paky Stage Scans, and I have set up a number of static beam position scenes for them in Sunlite. I have to say this was very straightforward, particularly when using the presets accessible in the editor window by right-clicking the relevant channel.
The problem I have is how to set up a fade to black for these scenes without anything else changing. The way I have achieved this was to copy the scene, and change the shutter to 0% in this "blackout" scene while leaving all the other channels alone. This works, but I recently had to change the beam positions for a particular venue, and of course the "blackout" scenes were now wrong.
Can anyone think of a better way to achieve a fade to blackout for a moving mirror fixture? I guess the same rules will apply to moving head lights as well.
Cheers, Vince
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Post by VinceC »

Hi all,

As is often the case, I spent a bit more time playing with Sunlite, and found an answer to my own question about appling a fade to moving lights while "on the go".

I simply set up a Switch, and used the Easytime method to define a 2 second fade (in Line mode) from 100% to 0% for the Shutter channels only.

Press the switch button, and your Scans fade to black, without affecting any other part of a running scene.