easy view 2006

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

polkaz

easy view 2006

Post by polkaz »

When is it planed to be released? is there a beta out?

Best regards
//polkaz
rtk_productions

Re: easy view 2006

Post by rtk_productions »

polkaz wrote:When is it planed to be released? is there a beta out?

Best regards
//polkaz
There is a link to the beta on the homepage.

I'm also curious on when it will be out. I ended up buying a BlueLite X1 controller after LDI. It wasn't price, I'd been looking at Martin's MaxxyzPC (which is really just going into beta now), but packaging and features.

That said, it seems weird to buy a $1,000+ visualizer to go with a $299 controller! The BlueLite folks frequently recommend LewLight's Capture for design and visualization, and, based on the demo I saw at LDI, it is nice.

But we visited both Robe and Sunlite. The Sunlite control software wasn't very interesting to us (I suspect that our shows are a lot bigger and more complicated than most Sunlite users) but the the new Easy View 3D package was very interesting. It seems a lot like Capture (CAD and live visualization combined without ray tracing like WYSIWYG and MSD). The live visualization does not seem as realistic as Capture's, but it is getting a lot better.

I don't know about DJ's, but I could see us moving all our corporate events to a BlueLite/Easy View '06 combo. Especially if I can just connect to EasyView via Artnet and leave the DMX-in dongle at home.

Rich