Masterdimmer for traditional lights

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Martin Tschanz

Masterdimmer for traditional lights

Post by Martin Tschanz »

I try to get my feets deeper into Sunlite and hopefully replace the hardware DMX Rockdesk by this nice software.

I try to understand how exactly traditional lighting is handeled in Sunlite. Therefore I did the following steps:

1. created a new page and assigned only 4 PAR64 to it.

2. created a scene with a chaser pattern, turned chaser off and added a speed fader. (this works neat). Dimmer Option: Proportional

3. added a switch which should work like a master dimmer fader on a traditional lighting desk. Priority: SUB + Dimmer Option: Proportional

This works for the chaser but the dimmer fader is inverse (left side is full gain, right side is dark).

Has anyone a hint on how to set this up correctly? Any other hints or step-by-step instructions regarding traditional lighting are highly welcome.

Regards
Martin
DJ_Hazelwood

Post by DJ_Hazelwood »

Hi,

did you create the PAR64-Page manually or with the wizard?

If you create it with the wizard SL creates a dimmer-switch for you.
There you can see that 'LTP' is used.

And i think that's your problem. You've used 'SUB', so SL subtracts the fader-value.

Hope this helps.
Martin Tschanz

Post by Martin Tschanz »

Thanks for your answer and help. I just created a plain new page with the par64.ssl and defined 6 Par Cans to test with.
The chaser works as expected, but the Intensity (Dimmer) switch works different than expected. Hit the switch stops the chasing effect, instead all lamps light steady with the level set by the dimmer fader (left = dark, right = full)

Change the button settings to SUB gives the effect I like to have but invers. I have full light when the fader is on the left side and dark on the right side. This is opposite to what all other dimmer settings are for intelligent lights.

I sent email to nicolaudie and I got same above instruction. If I didn't miss a thing, it looks like there should be some kind of invers switch for the fader and the dimming behavour would be consistent over all pages.
webguyinternet

Any Definitive response?

Post by webguyinternet »

Did you ever get a difinitive response on this topic? I am having an almost identical problem in that I have an intelligent light with zoom capabilities (Elation Power Wash 575) and the zoom slider is exactly opposite of what it should be. When it is fully zoomed in on the left the light is actually fully zoomed out (and the Magic 3D visualization is exactly opposite of what is actually happening and pretty much makes this great feature of the software pretty much useless). If only we could inverse these sliders.

Anybody have a solution?
Last edited by webguyinternet on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robby

Post by Robby »

Hey guys,

about the PARs... you probably don't know this, but in the LIVE BUTTON TOOLBAR, there are small green LEDs next to the DIMMER and SPEED faders that can control each button.

If you click on the LED for the dimmer when the CHASER scene is selected, then the fader on the chaser button will control the DIMMER and not the SPEED... makes sense?? try it out, and let me know if it works.

then, about actually INVERTING a fader on the screen... this is not possible at the moment, but many users have expressed an interest in this feature and it will most likely become standard in our future software releases.

Have a good day!
Robby

Post by Robby »

then, of course... if what you guys need is a MASTER DIMMER for the entire page, you could use the dimmer fader on the PAGE TOOLBAR... that will dim the chaser effect and any other scene that you program in the way it seems to me like you're trying to.