Dealing with varying stage sizes?

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Shep2112

Dealing with varying stage sizes?

Post by Shep2112 »

Hi, how do I deal with intelligent lighting (4 Martin MX-1's) and setting up on different sized stages every day?

The school stages range from 25x20 feet to 40x30 feet, and I need my 'targets' to line up properly every day. With varying ceiling heights also (8-14 feet, lights go up to 10 feet).

I know I can change the stage size in the 3d window settings, and I know there's a limited range setting when adding intelligent lights.. I assume one or both of these has something to do with it?

Thanks in advance!
-Eric
Robby

Post by Robby »

Hey Eric,

depending on how complicated your scenes are, there are a couple things that you can do to fix this.

1. very simple scenes (fixed positions)... you can create a new switch using the TAKE buttons and then drag this switch into your scenes. This way you will correct the position everytime the fixtures are in a different location, and you can save your previous positions, so you only need to make minor adjustments.

2. if your MX1s are moving outside the stage and you want to restrict the area in which they move, you can go into PAGE SETTINGS and then click on the X/Y button, which allows you to set maximum pan and tilt limits.

the 3D visualizer is independent of the Sunlite controller... in other words, what you do in the Sunlite controller will reflect in both your physical fixtures and in the visualizer, but what you do in the visualizer will not affect the controller nor the actual fixtures.

Let me know if this works,

Robby