Trying to duplicate page, but use different DMX channels

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

VinceC
Junior Forumor

Trying to duplicate page, but use different DMX channels

Post by VinceC »

Hi Sunliters!

This is a follow on to a previous post I did a few months ago.

I am trying to duplicate a page, but using different DMX channels. This is because I want to assign different channels to the physical fixtures, but retain all my Sunlite scene & switch programming for them.

When I have tried this, I can create the page with the fixtures, remap the DMX channels OK, and all the buttons still appear on the page, BUT... all the programming behind the buttons - i.e. all the DMX levels and Easy Time sequences have vanished.

I assume it is because the values previously programmed only apply to the original DMX channels, but I can't figure out how to move them to the new DMX channel range.

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Vince

Post by Guest »

This works fine! Which version are you using ? If you click on the DMX OUT button (output window), you can see the changes...
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Post by VinceC »

Hi Bruno

Ca Va?

I am using the 1st July '05 version of SL2004.

To give you a bit more information, I am first creating a copy of the page (Page > Duplicate).

I can then remap the individual fixtures Page > Settings > Channels > Change DMX Channels of the selected fixture, but the probelm with this approach is that in the Pages window, the DMX channels still show as the original values.

When I try the Page > Settings > General approach and attempt to change the First & Last channel values, this is when the programming behind the buttons disappears.

Many thanks, Vince

P.S. Hope to see you at the PLASA Show soon!