WOW! Sunlight saved my ass!

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

teggers
Junior Forumor

WOW! Sunlight saved my ass!

Post by teggers »

I was running about an hour behind on a concert last week 4/11/05. I had no time to program ANY of my moving lights AND it was no near dark....I would not have been able to even if I had the time. I could hardly see the computer screen because of the bright sunlight.

I knew I was going to use the software (for the first time in a preasure show!)..it was the only way. I did have a backup manual board just in case...at least I could have gotten the bulbs struck and made something happen.

Anyway, The night ran without a glitch, the client - the Largest in Florida for booking events, was thrilled with the complicated look of the show.

I learned quite a bit about the "take" buttons that night and was able to throw new static scenes together in seconds. I had no show schedule or cue list to program ANYTHING in advance, so every speech on stage had to set in seconds after the podium was placed.

I used the software again last Saturday night 4/16/05 and put my par cans on the software as well as the I-Lights...no problem. First FULLY contained show on Sunlight. As I was programming, I brought the client over and showed her how I can e-mail a picture of the show I was running to her client and can build shows in advance for her future clients to view and evaluate - and change if they wanted. She freaked out. She will now include my services on EVERY show she bids for entertainment.

I know alot of you have been doing this for years, but it is really neat that I finally got over my fear. ...and Windows is pretty stable these days....

Thanks guys.
Tim Eggers
www.timeggers.com