Remapping DMX channels for buttons in SL04

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

VinceC
Junior Forumor

Remapping DMX channels for buttons in SL04

Post by VinceC »

Hi all,

I have created a page for a Hazer, and I now want to change the DMX channels assigned to the Hazer. However, when I change the Sunlite Page settings to the new channels (change the channels and do a Patch reset), the buttons I have set up on that page loose their values. I believe the programmed switch setting stay on the original channels.

Is there a way to remap the buttons to the new DMX channels without having to re-program all the buttons?

Cheers, Vince
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

You are doing it right, change the channes, but do not click on patch reset, because this will bring you back to the original patch
teggers
Junior Forumor

Post by teggers »

I had to remap my Joy 300's (Elation) for and extra channel (16 each) so they would line up with my Console in the case of a Windows crash and subsequent console back up.

Now they come up on channels 1, 17, 33, 49, 65, etc....instead of 1, 16, 31, 46, 61...! That way, I can have the lights addressed so I can switch the computer control to the console/board out in about 10 seconds if I have toooooooo.

Took about 5 minutes by hand, but works like a charm. Saved it and never have to do it again....