multiple pages

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

mbjenkins00

multiple pages

Post by mbjenkins00 »

greetings -
the manual suggested that i use a separate page for each type of fixture -
i have 3 different types of moving fixtures on the stage - ( 12 fixtures total )

if a set up a look - i must remember what i did and put that look into a cycle in order to get a single point of control

is it possible to put up a look and capture it to one button - like a submaster

should i go put all of the fixtures on one page - ?

how do you pro's do this -?
thanks - mbj

Post by Guest »

It is going to be developed and might be available with the next version of Sunlite 2004.
mbjenkins00

Post by mbjenkins00 »

:P :shock: :D :) :o !!!!
that sounds most excellent - any idea on when that version will be available -??

thank you for your response

mbj

Post by Guest »

I hope soon, however it should be beta version at the beginning.
x0000646

Is it cooking?

Post by x0000646 »

Is that update coming soon?

I'm higly considering in buying and recomending to a lot of pro's if that function is available... :shock:

Post by Guest »

It is available with the latest version. It is called favorites and it is available from the "Controller" menu.
mbjenkins00

Post by mbjenkins00 »

latest - version - i have a download from april '04 - is this still the latest, or is there a new version - ( i now have 2 of these systems - will buy more - but i really need the "single point of control" )

for the last show - i had to create 3 separate pages in order to get the "automatically generated" buttons, then copy each individual button to a single page in order to get 1 point of control - it worked - but it took a _long_ time

having a "master" page or some way to control all fixtures from one page would really help

thanks

mbj
x0000646

Post by x0000646 »

I was think more like a button controled feature, not a dropdown menu thing.

And by the way, it's not cycleable.
C_Gregory

Post by C_Gregory »

I agree

I've aked for this before as I think it would be a most important feature.

What I was hoping for was something like a 'Master' Page that ony allowed 'Scenes' of what you currently see over All pages, and 'Cycles' that allows inclusions of those scenes.

This is really important for pre-programmed shows.

It's still the best software around though.
x0000646

I've done it

Post by x0000646 »

There is a way, maybe not the best one but works.

1. First you create the cycle button (you can even have a page exclusively for cycles).

2. Then you put it on record. Make the look you want by combinig scenes and switches thru the pages window (don't mind about the times for now).

3. Once you reach what you want press the record button to disable recording.

4. Now you edit the times of the diferent steps of the cycle to have at least a relative time of 000m00s05 interval betwwen each of them. Except for the last one. That one you define as a "GO" step.

Result: it plays all the steps to reach the "look" fastly and stops at the last one waiting for "Page Down" to advance.

For the next look, "INIT" all the pages, press record again on the cycle and just build you next look. Then repeat steps 3 and 4.

Hope this helps
C_Gregory

Post by C_Gregory »

This is a well documented method but it means that you have to create a scene or switch for each page prior to combinig them into a cycle.

It also means that to create a LOOk using several pages you have to select switches & scenes from each page involved with a time of 0:00 and the last page involved being set to 'GO'

This can become very tiresome if, for example, there are 8 pages and you want 30 scenes for a 3 minute musical item. For a one hour concert the time spent is quite conciderable.

Hence the reason for calling for a MASTER PAGE that is only concerned with changes to ALL DMX levels.
x0000646

Post by x0000646 »

You can allways merge the pages into one master page.

But you get a heck of a lot of buttons in just one window...
mbjenkins00

Post by mbjenkins00 »

the controller favorites is great -

is there any way to make that a page - so that i can control "master" buttons for the show - ??

if i could do this, then i could have miltiple pages for programming and one page for running the show -

thanks

mbj