More Questions

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

More Questions

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Hello everyone,

I am back with more questions

When you edit a button or making a scene,(no pun intended)the circuits pane in the bottom left corner of the window, shows the fixtures that can be accessed by clicking on the tabs. There is also a tab for"all" of the fixtures. This shows all of the fixtures and what channels are used, DMX level etc.. When using the "all" tab, is there way to name each fixture? As they are right now, if you have multiple fixtures you can only tell them apart by the color of the DMX channels. It would be nice to name each one like par 1, par 2, mac 1, mac2 etc...same thing for the fixture page?

Is there a way to re size the groups of compress buttons? besides using the magnifying lens button?

In S1 when you made compressed groups and other buttons they where in a row format. In S2 they are in columns. Is there or will there be a way to make them back into rows?

When programming, an undo option would be pretty good too!

I realize most of these are cosmetic but it would be nice to have some of these options.

Thank again for your great work!!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: More Questions

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Mark,
When you edit a button or making a scene,(no pun intended)the circuits pane in the bottom left corner of the window, shows the fixtures that can be accessed by clicking on the tabs. There is also a tab for"all" of the fixtures. This shows all of the fixtures and what channels are used, DMX level etc.. When using the "all" tab, is there way to name each fixture? As they are right now, if you have multiple fixtures you can only tell them apart by the color of the DMX channels. It would be nice to name each one like par 1, par 2, mac 1, mac2 etc...same thing for the fixture page?
This was suggested before, so I think it´s on the todo list already. Simon can tell for sure.
You can rename the fixtures in the page settings -> patch -> rename.
You have to enable the "Txt" icon in the fixtures window and use a big zoom setting to see the "fixture info" .
I suggested to display a small popup window when the mouse cursor went over a fixture in the fixtures window on smaller zoom settings.
Is there a way to re size the groups of compress buttons? besides using the magnifying lens button?
I don´t think so. I ask for a stepless zoom to adjust the buttons for use with a touch screen.
When programming, an undo option would be pretty good too!
We talked about this before,too. There is a good undo option in the button editor but none in the main window.
Simon explained very precisely why in an other thread.
http://www.nicolaudie.com/forum_support ... ndo#p31745
If you can´t see the undo option in the button editor you have to disable the "Basic view" icon.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

This was suggested before, so I think it´s on the todo list already. Simon can tell for sure.
It wasn't on the list but I have added it. I agree it could be useful...we also need to change those disgusting colours. blugh.
I suggested to display a small popup window when the mouse cursor went over a fixture in the fixtures window on smaller zoom settings.
Yeah this is on the todo list
I ask for a stepless zoom to adjust the buttons for use with a touch screen.
This is pretty difficult and involves some re-coding low down. We have it as a low priority feature, maybe suite3...I don't want to risk creating 40 more bugs
Simon
--
Sales/Support
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Thanks for your feedback, Simon.
I don't want to risk creating 40 more bugs
Yes, I agree. The focus should be a stable release version of Suite 2 now.
But I think you are on a good way, Beta 3. Dez. seems to be quite good.
There are some important features to add to Suite 2, but this can be done one by one when Suite 2 is released

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I'll be working with Dylan at his office next week, so hopefully we can get a near perfect release for the end of the month
Simon
--
Sales/Support
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

I'll be working with Dylan at his office next week, so hopefully we can get a near perfect release for the end of the month
Good to know.

Can you answer my question in my previous post, please.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Whoops..quote changed
Simon
--
Sales/Support