Stand alone scene is different then on pc

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Stand alone scene is different then on pc

Post by Dojec »

I created a scene with moving heads on the pc. Also, I limited the movement of my heads. They are hanging behind the stage and I didn't want them to move backwards to the wall.
For instance I created a march scene, so they shine down to the ground, and then 90°(horizontal ) to the front (audiance).
But now when I write this scene to the standalone fc adapter, it seems that the limitations I've put in the software are not taken into account while executing standalone from the adapter. Because now they shine 90° horizontal to the back, and the next step what had to be to the front is now shining down.
This way created scenes on the pc are useless for the standalone adapter.
Can you investigate this?
Thanks.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Stand alone scene is different then on pc

Post by simonB »

Yes this makes sense, arguably this is how it is supposed to be as you are writing a button directly to stand-alone. If you begin adding master arguments where do you draw the line? What if you have a dimmer button which is set to ADD to current level? It is not possible to assign button priorities in stand alone so this wouldn't work, the same with MIDI and DMX modifications.

I will speak to the developers and see if it is possible to add the XY limitations to stand alone scenes.
Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Post by Dojec »

The problem here is that you can't use the scenes you created for moving heads. Also if you create full master scenes of all your pars, moving heads,... then actually the stand alone is useless since the heads only turn to unwanted positions.
If you limit the XY movement, then this parameter is somewhere available in the application. So, if you write to stand alone, maybe the developers can add the xy limitation value to recalculate the values that should be written to the stand alone.
It would be a lifesaver anyway. Thanks for investigating this.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

We're going to add the XY values to stand alone scenes
Simon
--
Sales/Support
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Simon,

what do you think about the dimmer, speed, size values of a button,
shouldn´t they be considered in standalone, too ?
I kown it´s hard to draw the line, I would say anything in the button itself should be considered in standalone,
no page or masterpage values.

Just my 2 cents

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I'll have a chat with Dylan to see if it is worth including these values in a stand alone scene.
Simon
--
Sales/Support