on/off button and bcf2000

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

on/off button and bcf2000

Post by johanspijker »

When you use buttons on the bcf2000 to activate buttons in the software, it would nice that you can select ON only and not ON/OFF.
For example: then you can activate every color with a different button including white.
Now it is possible that when you push by accident 2 times the same button, you deactivate the color-button.
V>50 for example doesn't work for a push button on the bcf (only for fader)
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

To work buttons on the BCF2000 as flash buutons, you need to change the parameters of the button on the BCF2000, to make it work as a Note.
Then you can assign it in the Sunlite, and it will work as a Flash Switch.

Take a look on the BCF2000 manual, on how to assign a button as a Midi Note.
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

yes, I know that: it must be set as "toggle on", then you have a flash button, but this not enough.
I want that the last state is remembered by sunlite (like keyboard activation), so you can activate for example color switches.
the function "activate button" doen't work, because, when you release the button the switch is deactivated.
the function on / off doesn't do this also correctly. because you have more then 1 button on what is not logical in sunlite.
believe me "button on" would be usefull !
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

So you say, that you want to have two buttons of the same DMX Channel ON.
The Color is a wheel and it can not be on two places at the same time.
What will be the benefit of having this feature?
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

How must I explain this?
Please create a page with a colorchanger (example: geni mojocolor: 1ch fixture)
Now you have several switches with different colors.
Now i want to activate the colors with the touch buttons (not faders, not rotaries)Button 1= red, button2= blue, etc.....
The behringer buttons are set tongle off, so it are flash buttons !
So I can link to midi controller (right click on the button + shift button) activate: ON/OFF
but now the button is deactivated when i release the button, i want it holded !

now you can say: put the propetties of the behringer at "toggle on", but then you can activate more then 1 button, what is not logical !

so" activate ON" would be usefull (like with the computer keyboard)

please try it and you will understand this issue
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

Now I got it.
I do not have my BCF2000 with me right now, as soon as I try something I will let you know.
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

did you found the time to test it ?
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

Lets do the Geni Mojocolor example.
You have a series of color switches on the Sunlite screen.
Hit a color with the mouse, then hit another one and the last one will go OFF. This is by default on the Sunlite because it is on the same channel.
If you assign on a button of the Behringer a color, and the button is assigned as toggle ON, it will turn On and stay on, until you hit another button on the BCF2000 that is assigned to another switch on the Sunlite, exactly as with the mouse.

I still do not understand what do you want to do.

Could it be that the led indicator on the button of the BCF2000 stays on, when the switch color on the Sunlite goes OFF.?
If this is your problem, it will not be possible to solve, because there is no Midi Out from the Sunlite to the BCF2000.
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

Ok my explination continues:
I understand there is no feedback from sunlite to the controller (would be too nice)
When you put the buttons in non toggle (flash) mode (setup the behringer) you don't have the problem with the not corresponding led of the BCF and switch in sunlite.

But now: what I want: Make an option that the button only activates the switch in sunlite to ON (and not ON/OFF)(Like a normal keyboard)
Because it is the same channel only 1 switch can be activated at the same time, so the result will be the same.
Why:I want every color + black on different buttons, so I can change manual (not flash but hold the switch in sunlite) on the beat with my fingers. Please program this and try this: you will see this is not working well with ON/OFF because you push by accident the button twice the swith is sometimes set to off by accident, when you make the activate ON, the previous state doesn't matter.

Sorry for the long explination, I installed a lot of sunlites in differnt clubs, and I'm sure it would be a nice feature (and simple to program, I hope)
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

did you understand me now ?
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Re: on/off button and bcf2000

Post by johanspijker »

roberto,
any reaction,
I think we really need it to use the bcf panel correct.
mely
Junior Forumor

Post by mely »

viva la familia
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

Ok nice movie, and yes it can get this werkong, but....
The problem is when you put the push-buttons of the BCF in "toggle on/off" mode the buttons stay on (and more then one button at the same time, so not logical)
When you put the buttons in non toggle mode what looks better at the side of the bcf, the button releases again in sunlite when I loose the button.
So the function whould be nice: BUTTON ON (and hold) when I get a pulse from the bcf, just like the computer keyboard does in sunlite !
Is now anybody understand this problem ?
johanspijker
Experienced Forumor

Post by johanspijker »

I FOUND A TEMP SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM:
Put you bcf in "toggle off" mode.
Convert your color switches to scenes.
Now your last pushed button stays on, even when you push 2 times the same (color)button, thats the way it should be also with switches.
Now I can make this row of buttons on my bcf and can push blindly: BLACK-WHITE-RED-GREEN-BLEU-ORANGE-PURPLE

Another trick: still use switches,go to the settings of the button--> custom, and then assign it to midi console (you must restart the sunlite other wise it doen't work= bug ?), then the button is hold but you can put it off again.
So the above solution is better.

Or read my above post for the perfect solution.