Micro SD card

User based support for the SLESA-U7 - SLESA-UE7 - SUITE2-FC

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

jwillsey
New Forumor

Micro SD card

Post by jwillsey »

Hi,

I've formatted the Micro SD card that goes into the UE7 as FAT and FAT32, but the UE7 still doesn't recognize the shows I wrote to it using the ESA Pro software. The UE7 keeps displaying "OFF".

Does the Micro SD card need to be in the RAW format? If so, how do I format it RAW?

Thanks,
John
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Micro SD card

Post by Ben »

Hi John,

Normally the SD card should work fine when formatted as either FAT or FAT32 and no need to format as RAW.

To help further can you let me know how the UE7 is displaying the "OFF" message?

OFF Flashing = No SD card inserted or device cannot read the SD card
OFF Static = SD Card has no data
Benno
--
Product Support
Arctech

Post by Arctech »

Hi,

i am experiencing the same issues. I replaced the SD card with a brand new one but when i connect the UE7 to the USB it just displays OFF and ESA2 does not recognize it.

Any advice to make it work? Thanks a lot
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Arctech,

Thank you for message. The SLESA-UE7 (and all SUIDI-7B based devices) are limited to microSD cards of 4Gb capacity or less. Do you know what capacity were you trying to use? If you use a capacity which is too large, you will see the message 'OFF' flashing on the display.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Arctech

Post by Arctech »

Hi Nick,

thank you for the quick reply. I am actually using 16Gb... I will try with the 4Gb. Is this written somewhere? I cant find it in my documentation. Thanks again.
Arctech

Post by Arctech »

Hi Nick,

just a quick follow-up: with the 16Gb card the OFF sign is not flashing but it stays on. Is this normal?
I haven't tried yet with the 4Gb. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.