Stick DE3's not recognized by ESA PRO

The star of the STICK family.

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, Ben

shaggy135

Stick DE3's not recognized by ESA PRO

Post by shaggy135 »

I've ran into this a couple of times now. I have some Stick 3's and they aren't recognized by ESA PRO. My laptop will recognize them just fine. I can see them in Hardware Manager and I can update the firmware just fine. But when I try to open ESA PRO with them plugged in through USB, it just wants to load in DEMO mode. Not recognizing anything connected by USB.

I have tried:
reformatting the memory card
trying a different memory card
plugging into different USB ports
trying a different USB cord
pulling the backup battery out and letting the Stick 3 sit for a while to discharge any possibly saved data

What can I do to get these back to normal working condition?
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Stick DE3's not recognized by ESA PRO

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

First can I check that that you have updated your Stick's firmware using the latest Hardware Manager found in the latest ESA Pro Beta dated 2nd June 2015?

http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/fil ... robeta.exe
Benno
--
Product Support
shaggy135

Post by shaggy135 »

I just downloaded the beta version with the 1.05 firmware dated April 28th, 2015. I updated one of the controllers that I have access to. The software still won't recognize the STICK3 by USB.
gesatecnico
New Forumor

Post by gesatecnico »

shaggy135 wrote:I've ran into this a couple of times now. I have some Stick 3's and they aren't recognized by ESA PRO. My laptop will recognize them just fine. I can see them in Hardware Manager and I can update the firmware just fine. But when I try to open ESA PRO with them plugged in through USB, it just wants to load in DEMO mode. Not recognizing anything connected by USB.

I have tried:
reformatting the memory card
trying a different memory card
plugging into different USB ports
trying a different USB cord
pulling the backup battery out and letting the Stick 3 sit for a while to discharge any possibly saved data

What can I do to get these back to normal working condition?
Hi shaggy135
I had the same problem, i think there are a bug in a new firmware 1.05.
I resolved in 2 days.
I reset the stick, with the bootloader switch, in the rear of stick, and with hardware manager of ESA PRO, via USB i send the old firmware 1.04.