Bug Report: Rec Live: Button get invisble/crash

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

hsteppke
Super Forumor

Bug Report: Rec Live: Button get invisble/crash

Post by hsteppke »

Hi,

i need to Report an issue i encountered during a Show on the Weekend and which i can reproduce using the file (see link below)
I did start using the Live Rec Function, which I did not before, however I ended up having issues.

What I did: A couple of times I did Pressed Rec Live, selected a group of Spots (Pointe) and then added a few items and released the Rec and cleared them.
At some stage the once I created did not show up on the Live Button Tab nor on the Embed tab however they capped active regardless what I did. So the Pointe Spots keeped moving mowing regardless how often I pressed the reset live Button or I restarted the Software.
In this stage (again file is attached) I can crash the software using the Rec Live.

I fixed it during the Show by editing the _Master/Page file and removed them there under LiveOn :(

Version used is the 13th.Feb.2015

Screenshot that shows that there are live Buttons active when I did create a new Button (the once with (live) )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgbbaabexlgb1 ... t.PNG?dl=0

The actual Showfile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k939g8jhtcdhk ... 9.shw?dl=0

Crash files that happen when I now in that show start using the Rec Live function again...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95c9r99uhegm0 ... 1.dmp?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx2w5x8ze2zyf ... 4.dmp?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4wm24xt269pt ... 2.dmp?dl=0

Regards

Holger
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Bug Report: Rec Live: Button get invisble/crash

Post by Ben »

Hi Holger,

Apologies you are having problems with the software, I have passed on your show file and crash reports to our developers who will examine everything and investigate. To help them look into it please can you explain in more detail how often does it happen and exactly what buttons you added just before it crashed?

Also could you try and unselect the always show the master page option (Orange star icon in white background) in the fixture window, select the 3 Pointe page and see if the buttons are showing then?

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Hi,

if you load my show and add a Button on the Master Page you can see them still active.

Also i found them in the files, from the _page.pda within the _MASTER Folder:
<SwitchLiveOn>
<Switch Page="3 Pointe" Name="Chaser Dimmer" />
<Switch Page="3 Pointe" Name="PositionPanMovePhi" />
<Switch Page="3 Pointe" Name="Prism R-Prism 6F" />
<Switch Page="3 Pointe" Name="Prism rotation Clockwise Rotation" />
</SwitchLiveOn>

Thats where i delete them from to get my show working again. As i did not wanted to go back to my last saved showfile.

Ahhhh and when i remove the always show Master the button`s get displayed, i can delete them, can use Rec again and it doesnt crash.
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

I also noticed that if i Press Rec and start selecting different Pages it disappears and reappears.
Is that apposed to be the case ? I tough Rec is a more generic function so i would press it and build a scene and once finished i release it. Kind of Programmer Window.
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi again Holger,

We have reproduced the bug which is an issue with showing the Master page only and hiding the live edits. This has been passed onto the developers and they are working to get it fixed in the next couple of weeks so thanks for bringing to our attention.

A work around in the meantime that could help.
  • Unselect 'show Master fixtures only' option
    Select your page
    Select your lights in the fixture window
    Right click the selected lights and click 'same position as page' option (which positions the lights the same as they are on the Master page)
    Make sure zoom levels are the same
You won't see all fixtures on the same page but they will be in the same position as you flick between pages, plus the bug won't be there.

Hope this helps in the meantime
Benno
--
Product Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Thanks for the Feedback :)
Will wait for the fix as id did crash when I did start adding same/different buttons in the Rec/Live functions not sure if I want to trust it for now :)

Also I did try the workaround and that's not entirely what I wanted to achieve. Using Groups created in the Master Page and Buttons in the individual Pages.
As if I now start on the Master page using the groups created there and press to a Button on a individual page, selected page changes to that page and Rec is turned of then and once I flip back to the Master its on again (which makes sense somehow)

But maybe that was never the way it was designed or supposed to be used.

Regards