Duplicated fixtures in 3d viewer, but they dont get saved

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Duplicated fixtures in 3d viewer, but they dont get saved

Post by stonehedge »

Hi,

I just created a show in sunlite where i have 10 led pars but i wanted 5 of them to do exactly the same and 5 on the other side of the stage to be grouped together too.

So i started a fresh page and gave only 2 fixtures starting address 1 so it occupied 14 channels in all. Because my LED par is a 7 channel fixture. Now after i went into construction mode i duplicated the fixtures within the 3d window and grouped them into 2 folders. Left & Right respectively. Everything works fine but when i save the stage and the show file and reopen them the next day all the duplicated fixtures are gone and only the original 2 fixtures are in the viewer thereby wasting a lot of time spent in duplicating and arranging the fixtures in the viewer to emulate my actual show positioning etc.

How do i get the viewer to save even the duplicated fixtures etc.

Thanks
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Re: Duplicated fixtures in 3d viewer, but they dont get save

Post by stonehedge »

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me asap. My show is just round the corner and this would be immensely helpful.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I'd advise checking the patch window:
-open the patch window inside Easy View
-Un-tick 'get the patch automatically from the controller'
-Go to the scan library tab and patch the duplicate fixtures on top of the originals
Simon
--
Sales/Support
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Post by stonehedge »

Dear Simon,

I did this as you have mentioned, because when i didn't find a quick answer i went looking through all the threads here, getting clues from here and there.

I un-ticked as you have mentioned. And created the patch of duplicate fixtures manually. Then they stayed even after closing and reopening the software. I was glad the matter was solved.

Now when i took my show files to the laptop (i work on the programming on the desktop), all the duplicates are again missing. Only the fixtures with independent dmx addresses exist. I saved the stage file and show file before taking them to my laptop, yet its doing this. May i know where it saves the info about the duplicated patches so that i may manually copy that file out and replace it to get back my duplicates ?

Thanks
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Post by stonehedge »

Can someone PLEASE help with this. All i asked is where the duplicated setup is saved. Each time i go to the laptop after programming on my desktop, i transfer all the files, including the stage .evs file etc, yet all the duplicate fixtures are gone.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi, please could you e-mail me your stage file and suite 2 shw file. I've checked on a couple of computers and can't seem to re-produce the problem. The fixtures are duplicated when I move the from one computer to another.

Also be sure you're using the latest software version.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Post by stonehedge »

Dear Simon,

Sure i can send my stage file to you (your email id please ?). My software is not Suite 2. Im using Sunlite Suite 2006. I think the problem is in the .evs stage file. When i open the show on the freshly installed OS with sunlite. For a second im able to see the entire setup with the duplicates but then it quickly removes the duplicated fixtures in an instant and says "Warning patch has Changed Automatic Mode !". And then only the fixtures with independent unique DMX addresses exist in the viewer.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi There, you can click my user name above to get hold of my e-mail address.
Simon
--
Sales/Support