Button painting issue

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

tsools
New Forumor

Button painting issue

Post by tsools »

Commonly I experience a problem, which I thought only happened in Windows 7. Recently I installed Windows XP on our lightning PC's, it has the same issue. For me it was the only reason for not using Windows 7 on Sunlite PC's. It happens in both "Sunlite Suite 2006 06 May 2011" and "Sunlite Suite 2006 beta 26 Dec 2011".
1. I choose Controller->"Expert Mode".
2. I choose Windows->"Reset positions"->"Reset to tab positions".
3. I display "Live Toolbar page" on each page and no other toolbars.
4. I drag the Master and Cycle tabs over the Fixtures and Pages tabs, the screen is now divided in only three panes.
5. I switch a few times between Controller->"Beginner mode" and Controller->"Expert mode".
6. Now the Dimmer and Speed sliders become unusable. The buttons get painted "through" the sliders. It seems internally it can be a problem calculating the top coordinate for the buttons section.
7. I have to do steps 2 up to 4 again to get my controls right again. Resizing the Sunlite window seems to workaround the problem too, just switching tabs is not enough however. I guess it needs an interal resize event so that the coordinate is recalculated. Especially for beginner users it is annoying having to workaround.
Attachments
drawingissue.JPG
drawingissue.JPG (177.7 KiB) Viewed 9591 times
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Button painting issue

Post by simonB »

I can't reproduce this. I'm going to see if any of the developers can.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

The developers cannot either. Please try it on a different computer. It could be a graphics card issue.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
tsools
New Forumor

Post by tsools »

Even with a fresh install of the latest beta of Sunlite Suite 1 (Apr 17 2013 beta), I still have the above issue on all of my computers, as long as I use my existing .ssh-file. It happens no matter whether the window size is small, big or maximized. If I create a blank show the paint issue doesn't occur. Could something have become 'corrupt' in my show files a long time ago? Can you please test using my show file instead of the demo pages? The problem only occurs in Expert Mode, often directly after Sunlite Suite startup or after changing to Expert Mode from Beginner Mode. It is really annoying, because to work around it, I either have to resize the window while focusing each tab one by one, or reset all positions.

Thank you for looking into this and hopefully providing a final fix, either in Sunlite or in my show file (I tried to upload this show file as an attachment which seemed to fail).

If despite this new information you're unable to reproduce it, I'll have to try to make a video capture of the steps I take.
Attachments
sl2006_paintbug.gif
sl2006_paintbug.gif (56.67 KiB) Viewed 8970 times