Dimmer effect button and adjusting of it's brightness by BCF

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

vlad
Junior Forumor

Dimmer effect button and adjusting of it's brightness by BCF

Post by vlad »

Hello

I often use my FC for live events. I have such question. I often create several buttons for dimmer control of two or three groups of fixtures on one page. I make it "always on" in settings and link them to my Behringer BCF 2000 faders. It's working fine.

Also I create several buttons for as I call it "dimmer effects". In this buttons I'm programming dimmer channel with EasyTime curve effect. For example I set squere wave 0-255.

The question is what should I do to adjust dimmer of the fixtures while button "dimmer effect" is activated? In other words when I set dimmer with fader to 10% it's working fine. But when I push the button "dimmer effect" the fixtures do not make 10% of brightness. They do 0-255 squere wave as it programmed in this button. My task is adjusting with fader the brightness of "dimmer effect" button.

I hope it's clear

Thank you in advance.

Vlad
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Dimmer effect button and adjusting of it's brightness by

Post by simonB »

Hi Vlad

One idea would be:
-edit your 'Always on' channel
-assign the 'dimmer min-max' property to the dimmer channels
-click the min checkbox and set the fader to the top
-uncheck the min checkbox and set the fader to the bottom
-close, save, go to switch settings and set the priority to 'sub'

What this will do is subtract your level from any other levels on the dimmer channels, however this would normally cause your dial to be inverted, which is why you need to invert the dimmer channels by assigning the dimmer min-max property.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Yeap i do it exactly the same way but for another reason. (I use the page Dimmer to Dimm groups of Lights)

One Advantage of doing the chasers as sub`s is that i can have several Buttons for the different Colors .. and then in live .. select the colors i want to see and add (or sub ;) ) the chase....
For the next Song/Scene select different Colors same chase.
So i dont at least for simple 20 different band`s a day shows need to programme 20 different Chases for all color combinations i want to see.

Bye
Holger
vlad
Junior Forumor

Post by vlad »

Thank you guys.

I'll try to do it and then i'll post about what I've got