EasyShow play/jump button

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

mattharris19
Junior Forumor

EasyShow play/jump button

Post by mattharris19 »

I noticed the new version will play and jump with the same button. Problem is it plays AND jumps if it has paused on a marker.

If you made it where one button could play OR jump this would be perfect. Play if its paused on a mark, jump if its playing, but behind a mark

For instance, if a band is playing faster, easyshow will wait on the mark until you hit the button, then it will continue to play.
If the band is playing slower than easy show, the same button will jump ahead to the mark.

This makes it possible for a band member onstage to hit a single button to keep the lights in sync without looking at the computer to see if the band is ahead or behind the easyshow programing.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: EasyShow play/jump button

Post by simonB »

I don't understand what you mean here. As far as I can see this is exactly what happens, the cursor moves towards the mark and pauses on the mark, when you hit the button it carries on from the mark. If however you hit the button before you reach the mark, the cursor will jump to the mark and then carry on. What am I missing? You have named your marks differently right?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

What your saying only works with one mark. I want it to work with all marks. Basically if you were to combine the Next and the Play into one button . That way one button works or the whole show.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Ahhh I see what you mean....here's what you can do

-Set up a marker for each point in the song you want to jump to, call it Mark.
-Set up a trigger to play and to jump to the next Marker (called Mark).
-Create another Marker called "Wait" just a few milliseconds before each mark.

When you hit the trigger, it will jump to the next marker, and if it reaches the marker before you've finished playing that section, it will pause on the "Wait" marker.
Simon
--
Sales/Support