Easy Show problems

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Easy Show problems

Post by mattharris19 »

In Easy Show section of a button settings there is an option to "jump to break point" and a little box below it. What is the text box for? Im trying to have it where I can jump forward to a marker while playing. I can get it to got to the next marker but only when easy show is paused.
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Re: Easy Show problems

Post by mattharris19 »

I've done a little more work. I can get the "NEXT" function in a button to jump ahead while playing, but if playback has stopped on a mark, it won't start playback again.

I realize I can make another button to resume play, I'm going to be stepping through with a midi pedal and really need to be able to do both with one single button. Is this possible?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Firstly, you might want to look into useing a cycle instead of easy show if you don't need to synchronise music/video....
1. Set up different scenes for verse/chorus/bridge etc...(if this were a piece of music)
2. Record/drag/drop these scenes into the cycle
3. Right click the buttons within the cycle and select "GO". This will pause the cycle when the button is reached
4. Assign the midi foot pedal to the cycle PLAY command
5. Add any other small switches, effects between the scenes if necessary

Assuming you do need to use EasyShow and you want to create breakpoints to skip between, you need to do the following...
1. make a switch, link it to your foot pedal
2. button settings->easy show
3. select the play and jump to breakpoint checkboxes
4. type the name of the breakpoint you want to jump to

Just one problem with the above method, I've just realised that we have a bug whereby the breakpoint entered in the switch settings is not saved, so you will have to wait a few days whilst we fix this, sorry!
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

I liked using easy show for the programming, but cycles would be ok for triggering. I can't seem to get easyshow to export to a cycle though. Whats the method?
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

Also, when using the "go" button to step through scenes there is a problem. The scenes start playing before you hit the go button so it is kind of pointless. WHen i try to change the "state" feature the off option is blacked out.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

The scenes start playing before you hit the go button so it is kind of pointless.
We're going to change the GO button function so that it pauses at GO and doesn't play the scene. There will then be another checkbox "Play automatically when GO is reached" for users who need the function to work like it does at the moment.

The priority at the moment is to get a non beta out, so this will be changed later this month/next month.
Simon
--
Sales/Support