Audio question

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Audio question

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Sorry I haven't been out here for a bit. All has been working great and everybody is impressed and happy. i do have a question though.

On the chases, or any fixture for that matter, is there a way to make them go to the audio in real time? like to the beat of the music? I have set a few of the pars to various colors and then click on the audio icon on their page, which i believe is to use the internal mic on the pars to go with the beat. So far I have been unable to make it work.

I am still working on changing the color on the fly with the chases but not too much. I have been installing security cams outside which has its own challenges as it is about 7 degrees f and wind gust up to 50 mph. OUCH!

Thanks guys! Keep up the great work!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Re: Audio question Update

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I have been able to get the internal mics working on most of the fixtures. I haven't tried it out with the movers yet but will do so when i have a more time. All I did was just set the fader in the fixtures page when programming and it worked. The light will go to the music but not in any order. It is all random. Now all I need to do is make the chases go to music. I see on Nicolaudie TV that there is a tutorial coming soon for this...I can't wait!~

Thanks!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Audio question

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Mark
The light will go to the music but not in any order. It is all random.
Sure you don´t have to use the standalone sound-to-light mode of the fixtures.
With Suite 2 you can trigger Easy-Time and Easy-Step sequences to the beat of music.
Simon let us know, that there will be an update in 2011 with the audio analysis fuctions improved.

O.K. here we go:
First you have to open the "Audio Analysis" Window, you will find this in "External Windows".
Now you can choose how you want to trigger your sequences. You can tap to the beat of music, use an audio signal or feed a midi clock to Suite 2.
If you need more help on this part feel free to ask.

Now you can use Easy-Time or Easy-Step.
In Easy-Step you have to enable the loadspeaker icon (Play with the BPM).
In Easy-Time you can click on the cogwheel icon and switch on "Enable music tempo synchronisation".

I hope this get´s you started, if not let us know and we talk about it more detailed.

Best Gernot
Last edited by RichterMC on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Re: Audio question

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I'll be giving this a try next week thank you!!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]