Nov 26 beta update.

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Nov 26 beta update.

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I didn't want a thread to too long with all the questions i have so started this one. LOL

I will update to nov 26 beta today but with the issue of loss of patches i want to make sure that I did it correctly. As i said earlier We use the beta in daily and all of our lights run off of it.

In order to upgrade correctly, is there any special instructions i need to know? are just install and over write?

Also whenever i upgrade i need to update the firmware on the dongle as well. are there actually updates to the firmware? will this harm the dongle?

Thank You
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Nov 26 beta update.

Post by simonB »

I advise not to upgrade the firmware unless:
A. You are forced to by the software
B. You are having issues with the hardware

We have a new update coming in 2-3 days. I advise that you wait for this as there are some big issues fixed from Nov 26th.

To upgrade, simply overwrite everything. Your shows and profiles will be kept. However your currently open show may be lost so make sure that all shows are saved as .shw files and backed up in a custom location (it is good practice to do this anyway).
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I will definitely wait for the latest release.

I am always forced to upgrade the firmware as the dongle is not recognized by the new ver. I will try to maybe unplug it then plug it back in. maybe that will force s2 to "see" the dongle.

Saving the show though I am no to sure about..you said

[quote]Basically one of our developers modified a DLL which links the scan library profiles to all our software packages. There was a bug in this which messed up all our software. All has been fixed now in 26th Nov issue. Just make sure you don't save your show with the corrupt patch.[/quote}

Is the corrupt patch the show that lost all DMX? If I save a show will it also corrupt the DMX patch?

Thank You
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

It sounds like the corrupt patch bug is what is causing the lost DMX.

If the patch is corrupt, don't save the show. Remember you are working with beta software so it is advisable that you make regular backups of your show.
Simon
--
Sales/Support