SIUDI-5A won't run in Standalone mode...

*DISCONTINUED* SL1024EC - SL2048EC - SL2048FC - SLESA-U5 - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, dylan, florent

joejoe

SIUDI-5A won't run in Standalone mode...

Post by joejoe »

I have two SIUDI-5A units on firmware 1.36 that are having the same problem; while connected to USB in PC mode the boards function perfectly. They will write memory correctly from the standalone tab, as well as read back the scenes properly.

The problem is when I plug in 12VDC external supply, the units will not start in standalone mode. The power led (middle led) lights up and stays solid, but nothing else happens.

If I reconnect to PC and launch Easy Standalone, it says that the interface requires a firmware update, performs the update, and then launches ESA which again works fine.

Any suggestions? I really need standalone mode to work- another interesting point- if I start the unit connected to the PC, switch into standalone mode from software, plug in the 12VDC power supply and then unplug the USB, it continues to work properly standalone. I just cannot get it to start from DC supply only.

Thanks,
JoeJoe
joejoe

SLESA-U5 not putting out DMX

Post by joejoe »

Hello, a continuation of my previous post about two SIUDI-5A units not booting when connected to an external power supply. Now apparently both units are semi-dead.

On attachment of a USB cable, the power light comes on, and windows detects SIUDI PRODUCTION device. On starting ESA, it says that the firmware must be upgraded. When I hit OK, the display changes to "OF" and the red light begins blinking. One unit #1, the red light blinks forever and windows detects an "unknown device". On unit #2, the red light goes solid after a few seconds, and windows then detects an "unknown device".

Updating firmware with SS Update (Thu Nov 20) does the exact same thing.

I really need both of these units (which were previously working fine) for a show next week; is there a chance of a very speedy overnight RMA?

Thanks,
Joe M.
Elemental LED
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: SIUDI-5A won't run in Standalone mode...

Post by simonB »

Hey JoeJoe

Close all software, connect with a USB cable only and select tools.exe in the ESA root directory, does a picture of your interface appear? If so, select the firmware tab and update the firmware. Start Easy Stand Alone and let me know if this works.

If you get this working, we can move on to the second problem...try a 9V DC power adapter.

We can post next day delivery, but an overnight RMA is impossible.
romvale

Post by romvale »

hi sir i have problem with my interface siudi5, im using it for stand alone mode, the problem is if i put the external power supply 12volts dc the interface does not start no display and dmx out, but the power led is lit, is it in stand by mode or freeze mode????? pls. help....
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

1. Try with a 10 volt adapter and see if you still have the same problem.
2. Open ESA, go to the stand alone tab and un-check the box "do not go into stand-alone now". do your stand alone scenes work?

Depending on the outcome to the tests above, we may need to set up an RMA
Simon
--
Sales/Support
romvale

Post by romvale »

hi i try all of the test and still my suidi is in OF display, if i open the ESA it cannot detect the interface, but if i open the TOOLS and update the firmware the interface detect it but if i close the TOOLS program the interface back to OF display again, pls. help... thank you.....
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Romvale

Basically you have just told me that nothing works except for tools.exe.

How do you that stand alone doesn't work if it never worked with ESA in the first place? You need to be able to create and transfer scenes with ESA before stand alone will work.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
sansmedv

Post by sansmedv »

Hello !
i have some problems with starting stand alone mode.
i programing scene if include time starting from 12-00 to 18-00, and stand alone mode not runing.
when is my mistake?

Thanks
Best Regards, Alexandr
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I have one of saying nothing works except the tools, one saying it only doesnt work when you make a trigger between 12:00 and 18:00 and one trying to describe seperate problems with 2 interfaces in the same sentance.

Please read the new global post. I am locking this topic now as I cannot juggle with 4 problems in 1 discussion.

Set up a new thread or e-mail me your problem using the rules in the global post, and I'll have your problems fixed asap.
Simon
--
Sales/Support