Some Questions

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Some Questions

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Simon,

I´ve got a some questions about Suite 2 :

- On some fixture pages the "Show the lightbeam" and "Shutter close" buttons are not working correctly.
"Show the lightbeam" just don´t trigger all needed switches or trigger the wrong ones.
Is there a way for the user to correct this and tell the software which switches have to be triggered to actual show the light beam ?

- Is there a way to edit a fixtue profile with ScanLibaryEditor and update a page that already is in use in Suite 2 software ?
For example : I create a page for some MAC 250 fixtures in Suite 2 and Easy Show.
I setup some scene and switches using Suite 2 and Easy Show with no DMX interface connected.
Now I move to the location and connect the MAC 250 fixtures to the Software.
Since the fixtures at the venue are a bit customized and have some differend Gobos and Colors, I like to go back to Scan Libary editor and change this.
But I don´t want to redo all my work and delete the MAC 250 page and create a new one to see the changes in Suite 2.
Sometimes I only want to go back to ScanLibaryEditor to create the missing icons on the half color presets, but I can´t find a way to make them show up in Suite 2
without to delete the page and redo anything.

- The half color presets and preprogrammed switches in Suite 2 are always at the max. value of the settings in ScanLibaryEditor.
For example: Blue-Green got a min. setting of 18 and a max. setting of 33 in ScanLibaryEditor.
The Fader is in the middle at 25 between the min. and max settings in ScanLibary. When a recall the Blue-Green preset in the button editor or activate the preprogrammed Blue-Green switch in Suite 2
the DMX value 33 is send to to fixtures, which is not half color Blue-Green but complete Green with a little blue edge.
Blue-Green half color would be DMX value 25, where the fader in the ScanLibaryEditor is.
Is this the way how it is intended to work ?

- Is there already a way to flash a button in Suite 2 with the mouse ?

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Some Questions

Post by simonB »

Hi Gernot
- On some fixture pages the "Show the lightbeam" and "Shutter close" buttons are not working correctly.
This should enable all properties where "default preset" is enabled in the fixture profile.
- Is there a way to edit a fixture profile with ScanLibary Editor and update a page that already is in use in Suite 2 software ?
not at the moment but it is on the to do list
- The half color presets and preprogrammed switches in Suite 2 are always at the max. value of the settings in ScanLibaryEditor.
The button in suite2 should not use the the max value, this is a bug
- Is there already a way to flash a button in Suite 2 with the mouse ?
no. i will see if we can have the flash property copies to the button settings from the keyboard settings so buttons can be flashed from midi and mouse triggers
Simon
--
Sales/Support
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Simon,
This should enable all properties where "default preset" is enabled in the fixture profile.
Yes, that´s true but all fixture profiles have to be correct, some are not.
You could edit this in scan lib. but then you have to del. the page and reset everything.
Dylan does a great job by adding the menu to the "Show the lightbeam" and "Shutter close" buttons,
that´s quick and easy to use and very customizable for the pro.

no. i will see if we can have the flash property copies to the button settings from the keyboard settings so buttons can be flashed from midi and mouse triggers
I like it a lot like it´s now in Beta 26.Oct for live use, but I can see that this layout may be isn´t so good for programming.
Maybe it could be selectable like:
1.) Ctrl + right click = selcted button without triggering it <-> Right click = flash (new style for live use)
2.) Ctrl + right click = flash <-> Right click = selcted button without triggering it (old style with flash option when Ctrl. is pressed for programming)

What do you think ?
There are some bugs with the new flash option, I send a video to your email...

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Ctrl+right click allows you to move buttons and select without triggering
Simon
--
Sales/Support