Manual

The lighting control software designed for easy basic applications.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

mdmalamud

Manual

Post by mdmalamud »

Is there more detailed paperwork then the web base instructions? Having trouble with what I conceder basic programing functions, don't want to bother techs for basic functions.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Manual

Post by simonB »

The "Web Based Instructions" is the written manual, but online. They should clearly explain every function of the software. Let me know if there is somehting you have having dificulty with or some function you think is not explained clearly enough and I will make sure it is put right.

Video tutorials can also be found here:http://www.nicolaudie.com/tutorials/esa
mdmalamud

Post by mdmalamud »

I have found some short cuts that are not mentioned in either the manual or Tutorial. I.E.: in edit tab if you select multiple steps of a scene using shift key you can change a single channel or multiple channels in all selected steps. You need to be careful because all changes are instantaneous like in Dbase. I wish there was a record or update button.

If you setup a second monitor with extended desktop and run in a window view you can expand your operation options. An import hint not mentioned.

I am sure there are other short cuts that I have not found.

I am having an issue with one laptop, an IBM, where in edit tab when I hold shift key and then select a channel mouse moves X/Y of that fixture. If I select channel and the Shift Key, as if to move a single perimeter in multiple fixtures, the mouse moves the X/Y on the next preceding fixture as well as that perimeter in the selected fixture. You have to see to believe. It is not happening on my HP with the same file. I hope to talk to a tech today about this issue.

I wish that the Show file and 3d View file were attached. we run backup and i have to remember to transfer both files.
I am also finding that the 3d View needs much more power then I have. it is not showing all fixtures lighting up.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

in edit tab if you select multiple steps of a scene using shift key you can change a single channel or multiple channels in all selected steps.
This seems obvious, but this has been added to the manual now. There is an undo button if you change it by accident.
If you setup a second monitor with extended desktop and run in a window view you can expand your operation options.
This also seems obvious, I am sure if someone has enough common sense to connect a second monitor, they have enough common sense to know if they make the window bigger, they will see more on their screen. It has been added to the manual anyway.
An import hint not mentioned.
Not sure what you mean here. The import button is explained under the "scenes" heading of the "editor, creating scenes" topic.
I am sure there are other short cuts that I have not found.
In the windows operating system you can press ALT to access the toolbar menus. You can set shortcuts to control particular channels within the LIST VIEW of the patch window.
If I select channel and the Shift Key, as if to move a single perimeter in multiple fixtures, the mouse moves the X/Y on the next preceding fixture as well as that perimeter in the selected fixture.
Sounds strange. Send me your show and I will test on a few different machines with different operating systems.
Just to recap, the channels should work as follows:

Select the channel first to highlight it, then hold the shift key whilst moving the fader. This will allow you to adjust the same channel on each fixture. If you press the shift key first, then begin selecting the faders, this will alow you to control a selection of faders at once.
I wish that the Show file and 3d View file were attached.
Not possible, as they are two seperate applications. You could zip both the files up, or maybe create a folder with your ESA show file, easy view show file and fixture profile.
I am also finding that the 3d View needs much more power then I have. it is not showing all fixtures lighting up.
Send me your show and profile.